I'm (NOT) okay!

(This takes place in season 12 episode 9, when Jethro dislocates his shoulder)

TW: SELFHARM & INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS

Words:668

Pain. Pain, that was all he felt at this moment. He had a feeling it was dislocated, and it was confirmed when Harries called for help trough the radio. It wasn't long before Ryan came running down with the green whistle. He knows he don't have control of what he does and say, but he prays to God that he didn't reavel anything private.

Jethro dosen't remember anything from the hospital or how he made his way back to his flat. He only remebers waking up in his bed and seeing a note at his kitchen counter saying:

"You're not allowed to come to work until you are cleared by a doctor and have trained you're shoulder again
-Hoppo

He wants to fire you

Just go ahead and call him and quit, you will be doing everyone a favour

The voices in his head were screaming at him. They just repated it over and over again. He walked too his bathroom and found a razorblade and cut a few lines on his thighs, just high up enough were it wouldn't been seen when he was in his uniform.

It took him atleast a month to be cleared by the doctor and train up his shoulder. And by then he had atleasta dosen cuts on his thighs.

Everyone had tried to contact him some even showed up at his door and knocked. But he never answered the door, any calls or messages.
He walked back to work for his first shift since the accident. He could feel the stares of his coworkers.

Before he could make his way towards the exit, Hoppo apperaed in the doorway of his office and called Jethro in to his office.

"Anything wrong sir?" Jethro asked once he had sat down.

Hoppo looked him up and down before answering " Both me and the boys have been trying to come in contact with you, some even showed up at your door. The only time we heard from you was when you called to say that you have been cleared by your doctor. So i'm just wondering if you're okay.."

"I'm fine, if i'm not i wouldn't be here and i will tell you if i'm not. Can I go to work now?" Jethro said, he probably sounded like a impatiant child but at the moment he didn't care

Hoppo just nodded, once he had walked out he walked staright to his place in the tower and didn't answer or talk to the boys unless it was work related. he kept this up for about a month. Hoppo had obviously been warned about this from the other lifeguards.

So on one of Jethro days off, he took the day of aswell. He walked over to Jethro's flat and knocked on the door.

When he didn't get a answer, he used the key he had incase of emergency. Once he walked in he, heard noices from the bathroom but no shower was on, so he walked in.

Jethro froze once he saw Hoppo in his doorway. He had been cutting when he walked in. He stopped and looked down at his feet not daring to look into his eyes.

Hoppo didn't say anything as he cleaned his cuts or scars, when he helped Jethro into more comfertable clothes and lead him to his couch. They had a long talk that ended in a lot of tears from Jethro but alot of long hungs and comfort from Hoppo.

Hoppo was there for Jethro when he was healing from his injuries, when he was craving to cut or when he called him at the middle of the night when he relapsed or something like that, as where the lifeguards.

Sometimes Jethro can't fight against a the darkness that sometimes tries to get him, but with the help of his friends he is begining to see the light in those dark times.