I'd never let you drown

Word:345

Lachie and his sister had been fighting on and off for weeks but it was what she said tonight that stuck with him.

"I wish you drown and that none of those co-workers you call friends will save you"
He refused to show that he was hurt by the comment infront of her, so he got his stuff and just walked home. Leaving his sister in the livingroom they just fought in.

That night Lachie cried himself to sleep and ignored every phonecall or messages from his family. he went to work the next day and pretended everything was normal and fine. But being such a close friendgroup it was bound to get out that he was acting different.
Everyone just thought he had a off day or something. But when he was still acting different for a whole week they knew something was wrong and asked Hoppo what to do.

He decided to send Harries to check on Lachie during their lunchbreak. Everyone knew that Harries had sorta stepped into a fatherly role towards Lachie so it was not a suprise when Hoppo choose him to talk to Lachie.

Once their lunchbreak came around and Lachie walked into the chancing rooms he followed and cornered him.

"What are you doing?" Lachie asked being confused why Harries was stopping him from leaving the chaning room.

"What is going on with you? Everyone has noticed something is wrong and don't give me that nothing bullshit." He answered

Lachie quickly realised that he couldn't get away from the question, so he explained what was going on. Harries just hugged him and when he started to cry Harries just hugged him tighter. Harries kept repeating the sentence" I'd never let you drown" over and over until Lachie had calmed down.

Later on Harries explained to the other lifeguards what had happend. Lachie got a lot of hugs during his shifts.

he and his sisters relationship was never the same but Lachie didn't mind it. he had the lifeguards by his side and that was all he needed.