"They're addicting."

"I'm glad you think so."

Y/n dropped his pencil as the comforting sound of the second bell rang in his ears.

Lunch time.

Y/n packed his things, slinging his bag onto his back at a similar pace as Minju. A sly grin spread across the boy's face as he turned to his friend.

"Are you ready?"

"Not when you say it like that."

"It's not that bad."

"I'll be the judge of that."

Y/n walked through the halls with Minju following in suit. As Y/n entered the school yard, he scanned the area.

"What'cha looking for?" Minju asked as she tilted her head.

"A spot."

"A spot? Are we going to sit in the open?"

"No."

"Did you not have a place planned?"

"I've just got to find a path where the least amount of students will see us."

"Oh..."

"Yeah."

After a few seconds, Y/n nodded, before taking a separate direction from their original path. Eventually, the two arrived at a shed separated from the rest of the school.

"Where are we?"

"A shed the school used to use."

"We're going to eat here??"

"Yep."

"I don't know if that's a good idea."

Y/n smiled, "Don't worry."

With a gentle push, Y/n opened the door revealing a neatly kept area with cushions and blankets resting on the clean shelves.

"I tend to this area regularly."

"Regularly?! I haven't seen you come here at all!!"

"Well, that's because I stopped coming here when you transferred here."

Minju walked into the shed, "This place is nice..."

"Thank you. It's one of my favorite places to go to during lunch."

Y/n shut the door behind him and pulled the comfort items down from the shelves.

"We can eat here in peace. It'll be as if we never left our original spot."

Minju smiled, "You're quite the crafty one aren't you."

"Thank you."

"What if the admins find us here?"

"They don't really care about this spot as I'm the one who keeps it tidy."

"Ah, I see."

Y/n set his cushion down, throwing one under Minju, "Come, come. I need that sandwich."

Minju giggled as she dug into her backpack.

"I can't believe you like my sandwiches."

"I love them. I wonder what your other cooking tastes like."

"I'm not that good at cooking actually..."

"Didn't you say you could do more than make sandwiches the first time I ate one?"

"I just said that because I didn't want to be known as the girl who can only make sandwiches to you."

Y/n chuckled, "Come on... You can't be that bad."

"We'll have to see. Why don't you come over to my house one day?"

"Uh, I'm not so sure about that yet."

"Why?"

"Now doesn't feel like the right time for me to head over to your house."

Minju smirked, "Are you afraid of meeting my parents?"

Embarrassment tinted Y/n's face a light pink, "No!"

Minju giggled, "You definitely are."

"I'm not!"

"Don't worry. They're not strict at all, and are quite welcoming."

"Are they?"

"Yeah. You should come over some day."

"Maybe."

Minju nudged Y/n's arm, "See? I knew you were afraid of meeting my parents~"

"Only a little."

"Was it because you thought they were strict? Or was it because you wanted to impress them?"

"I don't need to impress anybody."

"Yet you openly pick fights in front of me."

"I don't do it to impress you, I just know they're going to persist regardless so why not have some fun?"

"Your patronizing tone is quite good."

"Right? I've been working on it for quite a bit."

Minju burst into laughter, "Why would you work on that for an extended period of time?"

"Why not?"

"That seems like something you shouldn't be good at."

"Patronizing the stupid is one of my favorite pass times."

Minju furrowed her eyebrows, "You're weird."

"Thank you."

The pair continued to talk and joke around, enjoying the atmosphere.

Minju sighed, "I'm glad I moved here."

"You are?"

"Yeah! Honestly, I was really distraught when I was told I had to move so abruptly. I had to break up with my boyfriend and say goodbye to the only friends I had for a while. I'm not saying I have more friends here, but I feel like I have a closer relationship with you than I do with some of the others in my group. Aside from the scary moments, I'd much rather be here. Plus, this school is way easier which means I don't have to study."

"Okay, Ms. First Seat. We're probably closer because you like me."

"What happened to 'Ms. Psychologist?"

"Don't forget Ms. Kim."

"Right."

Suddenly, the bell rang, signaling that the duo should clean up. Minju placed her lunch box back into her backpack while Y/n placed the pillows and blankets onto the shelves. Once done cleaning up, Y/n walked to the door.

"You ready?"

Minju scoffed, "You say that like we're going to go on an adventure or something."

"Everywhere is an adventure with me~"

Minju rolled her eyes, "Okaaay."