25

Here we are. On our stone in Australia. The stone on the mountain has really become our place. We were there every holiday and for the past two years we have been going there every week. That is now possible every week because we have been living here for two years with our four sons. Unfortunately Kate's mother passed away three years ago and after that the choice was made fairly quickly to live here. We build a house on my parents' land. We both feel comfortable here and the boys feel completely at home here too.

But here we are. Today we have been married for five years. Kate has nestled her head on my shoulder and my hand is on her nine months pregnant belly. It is the first time that Kate is pregnant and it feels great to experience it from this side. At any moment we can expect our first girl. “Remember when we first sat here six years ago?”. The thought of it warms me up again. “Certainly it was your birthday. We then decided to get married here.” That wedding day was amazing. "I still cry every time I think about our wedding day." I look at her when she says that and smile. "Yeah was it that bad?". She gives me a little push. “It all started at the airport. I thought we were only going to pick up my mom and her boyfriend. Then suddenly I saw my friends walking there. I’m still eternally grateful that you arranged that back then”. I get a big kiss. It meant a lot to her that her friends were there. They also speak to each other at least once a month. Last year they were here for two weeks and in a month they will come again to see our impending miracle. “Yeah, it was still a lot of work and I was also very happy that it was finally successful. And for your response it was more than worth it to me”. She rubs her belly. “Yeah your mommy knows how to make mama happy. That whole day was great. From the moment that mommy walked up to me in a beautiful dress, guided by grandpa and your big brother. Until the night we didn't sleep." Kate and I are smiling at the thought of it. "Shh, that little girl doesn't need to hear that." We give each other a long kiss.

I see the tears now rolling down Kate's cheeks. "Whats wrong my love?". I wipe her tears. “That day my mother was also so happy and nothing was wrong”. I hold her even tighter. There are now more tears. “Oh honey. Just throw it all out. I often miss her too. She was a great person. How she regarded Josh as her grandchild and how proud she was of the twins. And I'm still grateful that she was still able to hold Sander." I can see from her that she sees it again in front of her. “Yes, despite the circumstances, that was a very nice moment. She could fully recharge for that. I never expected that we had to say goodbye to her two days later. But to this day I'm glad she didn't have to suffer." We sit in silence for a while with our own thoughts. I think back to the day we were told her mother was sick again. That it was wrong. From that day on, she was with us for another three months, before we had to say goodbye to her. It was a strange period. The joy of the birth of Sander. And the grief for the loss of her mother. Kate had a really hard time with that. It was weird for Josh, Oliver and Chris too. Suddenly they had a little brother and grandma was gone. Josh we could explain it a little more. The twins were too young to fully understand. I'm glad they still remember their grandmother. They still talk about her often. That way she will still be a part of our lives.

“Never regretted moving here?”. I ask Kate. “No, never for a second. Look how good we have it. We have plenty of time for the boys in beautiful surroundings and are together with the family every day. I don't think I could have been happier anywhere else than here." We give each other a long kiss. "I love you. I am so happy every day with you and our family and can't wait for Julia to be born. And I think it's time to go back to the boys now." We get up and head back home. On the way back I think to myself how beautiful the consequences of a collision can be.

The end!

The consequences of a collision ( Girlxgirl Teacherxstudent )On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara