ιитєяνιєω ⁝ ᴠᴍɪɴғᴀɪʀʏ

vminfairy"Women"1st Place Winner of the Salted Butter, Jeon Jungkook Category

vminfairy
"Women"
1st Place Winner of the Salted Butter, Jeon Jungkook Category

vminfairy"Women"1st Place Winner of the Salted Butter, Jeon Jungkook Category

¹ ⁝ When did you start writing?

I loved writing ever since I was a child. There was a time that I still clearly remember when I would show my father my stories written in a notebook. He would tell me that I'm doing great even though I know only toddlers would enjoy what I've written. I also tried composing songs when I was like twelve or something but it didn't work out. Eventually, I discovered Wattpad around 2014 along with the amazing fanfictions of One Direction in it. I started posting my own and this 'Haylor' book I wrote called "Bad Blood" got quite some views/ Later on, I grew up and though that the poor was childish so I deleted it. I stopped using Wattpad for like a year or two and then after knowing BTS in 2016 I came back here to check out some good and gold books. Then I tried writing my own as well but I never really got the motivation to finish one, I always end up deleting them. Not until I successfully finished writing a book in 2019. Ever since then I have realized how much I love writing and how much those experience has changed me.

² ⁝ How was your first experience writing a book?

I was lost. A twelve-year-old me venturing on this orange app would definitely have difficulty figuring things out on her own. So what I did back then was read and read. With that, I learned several things. Still, I keep messing up the plot I'm originally planning. I keep forgetting some key points of my book. Because of those, I got demotivated a lot which is the main reason why I never got to finish a book back then. Now, I learned from a bit of researching that I should lay out a plan, not just in my head but also jot down notes. Especially the plot or even the little details about that certain chapter, the background of your characters, and more. Regardless, it was one hell of a ride.

³ ⁝ Where did you get the inspiration to write?

I'm always fascinated by the fact that whenever people areas, it's like they're in a different world because of our imaginations. I've read tons of books, whether they're children's, educational, or fiction. Every time I dive into the plot or information I'd always find myself too deep in it, and I don't think that's even possible. But I swear, I did, and that phenomenon always amazes me. Somehow, I felt the desire to show other people what I see and think. After living inside the world of the other authors' books, why not make a world of my own?

⁴ ⁝ Is there any person or specific incidents which made you write this story?

One time, I suddenly got so intrigued by different kinds of phobias. So I researched, and I stumbled upon an article that tackles 'gynophobia' and 'androphobia'. Coincidentally, I was so mesmerized by this local athlete. Her boyish personality has a way of charming literally everyone in our country, like, for real. And so bulb lit inside my head. I researched if the plot I was thinking is possible, and a few articles made me think it is. So yea, that's where it all started. As for the ending, I know a lot has complained or probably thought it doesn't make sense but I always knew in my head that it should end that way. I love bitter endings because it gives you a reason to love and hate the book at the same time. And I want "Women". Weird, I know, but I just thought that I don't want people to just love a book. I want to give them more than just one emotion. Also, at some point, it breaks away from the 'happily ever after' syndrome from most books. In my opinion, it's more realistic, I guess. I wanted my readers to think of what could've happened next because a part of me also believes that a story truly never ends. With that being said (shameless self-promo ahead), I'm currently making a spin-off of "Women" and it's now posted online. It's called "Dear, Lady", a story of two people deeply related to the characters in "Women" so if you're curious about what happened to Deanna and Jungkook, you should check it out!

⁵ ⁝ How are you feeling now as a first prize winner?

I legit actually didn't expect I'd get it. I joined because I randomly saw the awards book from a friend's profile and me being too impulsive, I thought "I'd better try, I got nothing to lose anyway," and then it happened. I got first place. I'm still in the process of accepting it because I know my book lacks a few aspects and still I won. Honestly, there are times where I'm proud of my book "Women". I've thought of deleting it. But I thought of those people who gave it a shot and thought of it positively. It's all thanks to them. This book also helped me find wonderful people on this app. And then again, I won first place so I thought maybe this book is still worth it after all. There I realized, that this book is a part of me now and maybe for some, a part of themselves too. There's no way I'd throw this away (even though there are so many errors and unrealistic scenes because I'm too lazy to edit, lmao). It's proof that I've been learning to do my best. Thank you to everyone who has been supporting me since day one. I couldn't have done it without you lovely souls. Also, warm applause to the organizer/s and judges of this contest. This wouldn't be possible without you. Don't forget to give yourself credits as well.

⁶ ⁝ Have you ever felt demotivated as an author?

Of course. In darker days, it almost felt like losing someone because as I've told you, writing is my passion. There were times that I've thought of giving up on writing. I've published and deleted countless of books from 2014-2019 in Wattpad; none of those books are in my drafts anymore even if I'm still using the same account. And then finally, 2019 I successfully finished one. The inspiration just suddenly washed over me. After that, I've set my own goals. And those are to always finish a book mainly because I had a habit of publishing and deleting the book afterward and because as a reader I know how frustrating it is if a book isn't finished. In addition to that, there are people who shower my works with love and waits for me to update. I always knew that I shouldn't let them down. That's the least I can do since they are the ones who bring out the best in me. So every time I feel like I can't do this anymore, I just stick to my goals. I know it may sound easy but it takes up a lot of energy to get back on my feet.

⁷ ⁝ Can you say a few motivational words for other authors, so they can improve on their writing journey?

READING REALLY HELPS. If you read, literally anything, you'd find yourself on a writing spree and your head flowing with dozens of ideas. By reading you can also improve your grammar, proper punctuation, word choice, understanding of certain events, different writing styles, and the likes. Furthermore, always jot down notes so you don't forget important details from your plot. Write down everything about it and then if ever you needed information, you'll know where to go. Another thing is, remember that you never lose, it's always a win. It's either a reward through tokens or certificates or a lesson that'll help us strive harder and improve our shortcomings. And it is up to you if you think one of those two outcomes is good or not.

 And it is up to you if you think one of those two outcomes is good or not

Interview by btsachu