ιитєяνιєω ⁝ ᴊυѕт-тαєѕιиg

just-taesing"Nevermind"1st Place Winner of Park Jimin, Salted Butter Category

just-taesing
"Nevermind"
1st Place Winner of Park Jimin, Salted Butter Category

just-taesing"Nevermind"1st Place Winner of Park Jimin, Salted Butter Category

¹ ⁝ When did you start writing?

I joined Wattpad in April, right around the time the pandemic started.

² ⁝ How was your first experience writing a book?

I started writing oneshots, I was actually scared I'd get bored writing about the same scenario for also long, but a friend encouraged me to try making a book out of trilogy of oneshots I made. I was surprised when I got so into it I posted multiple chapters a day.

³ ⁝ Where did you get the inspiration to write?

All my books have had some sort of element related to mental health so far, for Jimin, his struggle with his weight was the first thing that came to mind. It naturally defined the topic I'd address this time around. I want to raise awareness of these various matters. There's a lot of assumptions made bout eating disorders and those who suffer from them.

⁴ ⁝ Is there any person or specific incidents which made you write Nevermind?

I have a number of friends who have struggled with these disorders and I started learning about them a long time ago in an effort to help them. I'm doing my best to portray the girl's struggles accurately and do the matter justice.

⁵ ⁝ How are you feeling now as a first prize winner?

I honestly didn't have much hope since the story is ongoing and it's hard to tell what will happen next, but I'm so glad my judge was able to appreciate my efforts so far. I'm shocked, but very happy!

⁶ ⁝ What are your favorite genres?

I like to read BTS idol AUs mostly, reading about them in different AUs makes me feel like I'm just reading an OC so they might as well be anyone but who they are.

⁷ ⁝ Can you say a few motivational words for other authors, so they can improve on their writing journey?

I always tell this to those who wonder, write for yourself, because you enjoy it. Don't do it for the readers, the votes or the views. Don't make it all revolve around what you can get out of it. The readers will come alone, those who enjoy reading as much as you love writing. Don't set yourself up for disappointment by making your goal the success of the story and not your own sense of fulfillment.

 Don't set yourself up for disappointment by making your goal the success of the story and not your own sense of fulfillment

Interview by btsachu