|58| Holly Jolly Christmas- Part II

FAMILY:

/ˈfamɪli,ˈfam(ə)li/

all the descendants of a common ancestor.

Jacob's POV

I don't remember much from my childhood since I have buried the memories deep down, I didn't want to remember the family I lost or how Eric treated me. So memories of holidays such as Christmas are pretty much nonexistent. But I do remember this one Christmas before my mum was diagnosed and my sister was still alive even though Eric was there and I don't know why it still felt warm and full of love.

I remember I couldn't get enough of the trees lit up, the fresh dishes of food laid on the table, presents under the trees. Christmas music playing with my mother and father snuggled together on a chair as they watched me chase Thalia who had teasingly stolen my present away from me, with our laughter filling the whole house. More home-baking than expensive gifts it was my mother's favorite holiday of course she would go all out. I remember wishing the sense of Christmas would really be there all year round. I had forgotten that day over the years. My life had been filled with voids, bleakness and darkness and those happy memories had become forgotten memories barely lingering at the depths of my mind.

When I walked in and met her family that feeling came back slowly began to seep in making me remember that I wasn't always alone once upon a time I had a family, my people I had forgotten but she made me remember Heaven made me remember and now she was my person. Her grandparents made me feel welcome. Grandma Eleanora had been shoving dishes my way the moment I had walked in. She was wearing an apron. Apparently she didn't trust the resort's chef so she had taken it upon herself to cook and instruct the chefs. Her Grandma Lauren couldn't stop pinching my cheeks and telling me what a handsome young man I was. Lily and Grant her parents were kind towards me, Lily wouldn't stop crying and she kept on thanking me. I wasn't quite sure what she was so grateful for, her daughter did more for me than I did for her. And Grant told me to take care of his little girl and I intended to keep my promise to him.

Heaven looks so much Lily from the soft blue eyes, the golden blonde hair down to the way they speak. I had only had a short conversation with her sisters before Heaven cut the conversation short by pulling me away from them. Throughout meeting everyone she had held my hand as she told them my name and who I was. Her nerves had settled down as we met more and more people. And I could see how happy it made her to have me meet everyone.

Her cousins didn't really care about me since most of them were consumed by the fact that Cain Davis, a famous baseball player, was here. I believe he was one of her sister's boyfriend although I wasn't quite sure which one, I think it was Ocean. A lot was going on. I met countless aunts and uncles but one that had stuck out so far had to be Olive, her dad's younger sister. I never thought I would meet a person who talked more than Heaven but I think today I did.

"See smooth sailing." I whispered in her ear everyone was socializing with drinks in hand having fun and happy to see one another after so long.

"Yeah, don't get ahead of yourself, the night isn't over yet." I kissed her temple.

"I know." I said and I pulled her closer to me. "I'm glad you brought me here, I never thanked you so thank you, you don't know how much this means to me." She looked at me with a soft smile.

"I'm glad you came, so I should be thanking you." Before I could say anything else.

"Ellie dear mind if I steal you away." Both our heads turned towards her mother.

"I'm sorry Jacob, I'm taking your date away." She flashed me a guilty smile.

"No problem Lily, she's all yours." I told her untangling myself from her daughter.