Chapter 32

Melany's pov

Everyone experiences it at least once.

An overwhelming wave of emotion that washes over you.

It's almost like standing in the middle of the ocean as a wall of angry, clashing waves come rushing towards you.

There is no way you'll be able to escape the suffocating, almost isolating wave in time and the moment you realize it's going to consume you in every way possible, it'll be too late.

Dark clouds will mercilessly let their heaviest rain drop pour down onto your tender skin and there is nowhere to hide from everything that's coming your way.

You're be stuck.

Just like the words in my throat now that I'm looking the man who started my misery in the eyes.

"Melany?" His brows rise a little and I can't believe what I'm seeing.

My eyes travel down both his arms which connect with two little hands on both sides, he crouches down and looks both kids in the eyes as he pulls out a twenty dollar bill.

"Lewis, can you take Brianna with you to the cafeteria downstairs and get a treat for the both of you?"

"Okay daddy" the little curly haired boy smiles and hugs my dad around his neck, he kisses Brianna on her tiny forehead and when he stands up to full length he watches as the two of them walk out of the room hand in hand.

Did he just call him his dad?

It was like someone aimed a gun straight at my heart and pulled the trigger without warning.

He turned around to face the bed and when his eyes laid on Allison the realization settled in, "Allison?" He took a step closer to the bed and she nodded.

"It is, sir" her expression was unreadable.

"You must be Reggy Sparks?" His voice was loud and clear but everyone in this room could see the questions forming in his head.

"Indeed sir, nice to meet you" Reggy reached out his hand and my dad shook it before he took a step back, his eyes slowly paced through the room and I couldn't believe my eyes.

I felt a big hand grabbing mine and I looked to my side at Blake's touch, he didn't have to speak for me to know what he wanted to say.

"Melany," my dad's voice reached my ears and I turned back to look at him "I don't know what to say."

I opened my mouth but no word came out, his salt and pepper, curly hair is perfectly done, his dark blue dress shirt is ironed to perfection and tucked into his pants that are held up by a nice looking belt and his dress shoes tie the look all together.

"I don't know if I want to hear what you have to say" I stated confused as I took in all the perfect little details of his being.

He looked down at his clothes when he noticed my pained expression.

"My wife just died, but I'm doing okay" he said a little embarrassed.

I scoffed and averted my gaze, "your wife just died, but you're doing okay" I repeated to myself and blinked before I looked back up at him.

He fucking left me and that's the first thing he says to me?

I didn't get a 'how are you doing?' or 'how have you been?'

"I'm sorry I didn't call-"

"I bet you are," I interrupted him not wanting to hear his pathetic excuse "I bet you are sorry, dad."