Chapter 8

Blake's pov

I squinted my eyes when I felt the morning sun shining in my face, I let out a sigh and put my arm over my eyes.

Wait, the curtains in my room don't let in sunlight. I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand and opened my eyes.

I looked around and saw that I was in the living room, I must've fallen asleep while I was watching the dark knight yesterday with Melany.

I had fun last night, I didn't know that I could hang out with a girl and just have fun and I don't mean fun in a sexual way but actual fun.

We talked while we ate dinner, turns out that she knows a lot about the gym and about working out and she has great movie taste. Her horrible music taste doesn't make sense at all but I don't have to listen to it everyday so I don't really care.

A pressure on my chest caught my attention when I was fully awake, I looked down and saw Melany sleeping on my chest.

Well, fuck. She was supposed to go home.

Reggy and Allison were already making all kind of assumptions about us and this is the last kind of situation I want them to walk in on.

I reached in my pocket to grab my phone and check the time,

it's 10 am, I opened the few texts that I received from Reggy.

Reggy: Have you heard from Melany?

Reggy: Allison is freaking out, answer me.

I quickly texted back in hopes that he stayed with her so she wouldn't be alone.

Blake: She's with me

Blake: We fell asleep while watching a movie.

I put my phone back in my pocket and looked down at Melany who re positioned her arm around my torso, her hand gripped my hoodie tight and the left side of her face was pressed onto my chest.

She looks so peaceful, she always looks so stressed when she's awake it's weird to see her like this.

I just now realized that my right arm was holding her, how did I not wake up at night and notice this. I guess that yesterday wore me out.

Reggy had called every gym member in for a meeting, he was fucking pissed and that is just an understatement. He was sick and tired of everyone's attitude, the gym is a place to work on yourself and get better at fighting but everyone was picking fights lately.

Turns out that there were two guys fighting over a girl, it was one guys girlfriend and the other tried to win her in an underground fight.

Reggy talked to the guys and made sure that they would behave, I don't know what he told them but they walked out of his office like scared puppy's.

I trained the whole day yesterday, I made it a point to train until every muscle hurts but I stopped when Melany walked in on me. I'm selected for a fight in about eight months and I could win a serious amount of money. I don't need it but I sure as hell want it.

The guy that I have to fight has seriously injured some good fighters, they call him 'The Beast.' Reggy didn't want me to take the deal, it took me a few weeks of talking and a lot of effort to convince him but I managed to do it.

A small sigh escaped from Melany's lips and I felt her move, I looked down at her and saw that she woke up.

I watched her looking around, I guess she didn't remember where she fell asleep last night.

"Morning" I said with my morning voice, I have only been awake for what, ten minutes? I sound like Darth Vader, I don't know why girls find it attractive.