Chapter 27

Melany's pov

White magnesium powder dusted off my hands as I clapped them together once, then twice.

I took in a deep breath through my nose and hunched down to grab the metal barbell that's been resting against my shins.

My hands wrapped tightly around the cold metal and steadied my feet on the ground and then I pushed, I pushed my heels in the ground and felt the burning sensation of my muscles aching spread throughout my whole legs.

I lowered the bar with the heavy weights back to the floor and picked it up again, the same movement, 8 repetitions.

Little sweat beads formed on my hairline and I felt the muscles in my legs ache more and more with every repetition.

I decided that if my heart had to suffer, I might as well let the other muscles in my body ache with it. I don't want it to feel lonely.

I pushed through my heels one more time and groaned at the struggle, I looked up in the mirror in front of me and stared directly into my eyes.

Come on Mel, no one is going to do this for you. 

You're in this alone, show me what you got.

I groaned and pushed with every last bit of strength I had left in my weak leg muscles and I pulled the bar completely up.

I let go of the bar and let it drop to the ground, the plates clattered against each other and I lowered myself to the ground.

Laying there flat on my back, chest heaving up and down heavy I smiled to myself with my eyes closed.

proud of my small achievement, since yesterday I have been looking at the bright side of things, or I'm trying to.

I promised myself to start of by celebrating small wins.

I had to start somewhere, right?

"Mini Marshall, you are a beast" I looked up to see Tyrone standing over me.

"I really am, aren't I?" I teased and gladly accepted the bottle of water he handed out to me.

I sat up and unscrewed the cap before I let the cold water enter my body.

Tyrone and I have talked a lot since I trusted him with my hair yesterday, we talked a bit about Blake but our conversation quickly switched to sports.

How he ended up playing for the NBA and how he had to fight his way up from the bottom, he is the most humble person I have ever met in my life and I couldn't have wished for a better brother in law.

When he told me he had to go to practice today I asked him if I could join and work out myself, he didn't hesitate and brought me along.

Now I'm training with some of the next upcoming NBA players in this gym, and let me tell you it's amazing.

They're all so kind and supportive.

I have been training my legs today and I haven't been going easy on myself.

"I just have to go and talk to my coach for a bit and then we can go home and pick up some food on the way, you're sister has been craving  hot wings."

"She has been texting you too?" My eyebrows shot up at my sisters determination to get those hot wings.

"Non stop," he nodded and put his hands on his hips, "but she's carrying my child so if she wants hot wings, she's getting hot wings."

"Good answer" I smiled at him and downed the last bit of my water.

I grabbed my shoes that I had kicked off earlier during my deadlifts and pulled them on again, "should I just wait at the car?"