Chapter 30

Melany's pov

My eyes briefly opened at the sound of chirping birds and I took in the beautiful sight of the flower field surrounding me, a field full of pink and white flowers stretched out further then my eyes could see.

I took in a deep, fresh breath through my nose and enjoyed the sweet air that surrounded me. The fulfilling peace that relaxed my body so deeply that every muscle relaxed.

I felt a rough hand run through the roots of my hair and when I shifted in someone's lap to look up at the owner of the hand that made suiting strokes along my scalp I was met with my favorite emerald green eyes.

He looked as handsome as ever in a white over sized shirt and light blue washed jeans, his facial futures looked ever so peaceful and his eyes sparked with joy and amusement, "you looked so peaceful" he smiled softly.

A soft smile brushed over my lips, I looked down and noticed the flowy sundress I was wearing, it was a beautiful pastel pink color. My hair fanned out on his lap as I gazed up at him, admiring the current situation we found ourselves in.

"I didn't want to wake you up" he continued as he kept stroking my hair.

"I'm sure the view has kept you occupied" I replied as I spared a glance at the endless field of flowers.

The relaxation rediated from his body underneath me and I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed, we have never been this peaceful but this is exactly what I have always dreamed of.

Just him and I enjoying each other's presence in peace.

"It sure did," I looked back at him only to see he never took his eyes off me, "most beautiful sight I have ever had the luck of admiring" he grinned handsomely.

I felt the slight heat rise to my cheeks, he bent over me to gently press his lips on my forehead "I love you" he whispered.

"I love you more" I hummed as I closed my eyes.

Some distant voice surrounded me and echoed over the whole field, I tried to ignore it but the voice got louder and louder until..

"Miss Marshall," I opened my eyes and took in my surrounding. A white hospital room, beeping noises from the hallway, Allison sound asleep in my lap after comforting her from her hysterical crying episode - poor thing couldn't even breath properly - and Blake sleeping on my shoulder with his hand tightly wrapped around mine.

I blinked a few times to make sure I was completely awake from the dream.

My beautiful dream.

Why can't live just always be like that.

It was just a dream... I looked down at my shoulder and Blake's dark brown hair tickled my cheek.

I miss him so much, it hurts.

"Miss Marshall?" A female voice called me again and I looked in the direction of the voice, a small black haired woman stood in the door opening.

Her dark blue scrubs told me she was a surgeon so I guess she has some information about Reggy.

"Please, call me Melany" I shook my head awkwardly and rubbed my hand over my eyes before I covered my mouth as a jawn escaped me "I'm sorry, it's been a long night" I explained.

Her face twisted in pure empathy, "I'm sure it is," her eyes moved between Allison and Blake before she looked back up at me.

"I just wanted to inform you about Reggy's surgery" she smiled slightly.