Chapter 1

Melany's pov

"Melany I swear to god if you don't get your ass out of bed right now I will drag you out with my bare hands!" Allison's voice could be heard through the whole apartment. No wait, I mean the whole damn apartment complex.

I have been friends with this girl for about 10 years and I love her with my whole heart, but she is the worst human alarm clock ever. She is a morning person and she feels the need to wake me up early, every damn morning.

I rolled over and grabbed my phone to check the time, it was 6:50 am. This girl is out of her mind. It is a freaking Sunday can a girl sleep in for once?

She opened the blinds in my room and I groaned at the sunlight that hit my face, it was way to early for this. "Rise and shine darling!" I threw my pillow in the direction of her voice and pulled my blanket over my head.

I could hear her laugh so I assumed that the pillow did not hit her, unfortunately. "Bitch" she sighed under her breath, a grin formed on my face at the tone of her voice.

"Al it is freaking seven in the morning, leave me alone" I muttered still half asleep "but I have Starbucks and cinnamon rolls" I could hear that she was smiling.

She really mastered her technique on using my weaknesses against me.

"What drink?" I was still hiding under my blanket, the sun was just to bright. "Iced white mocha with cold foam and extra caramel drizzle, your favorite". I didn't reply, I hoped that she would think that I fell back to sleep, but boy was I wrong.

My blanket was ripped off of me and I immediately glared at my best friend.

"Girl wipe that scowl off your face, it does not suit you at all" I sighed and got out off bed. "I'm going to kick you out of the apartment if you wake me up like that again" I said while I walked towards the living room, I smiled at the sight of my breakfast. "I have heard that one before you know" her voice echoed through the hall that led from my room to the living room.

I am not a morning person but Allison is always able to put a smile on my face with delicious breakfast.

"I pay half of the rent and you love me way to much to kick me out" she said while walking into the living room and taking a seat on the couch.

Allison and I have lived together for 2 years now. We live in a cute apartment complex next to the school, the complex is reserved for the exchange students, but because of my home situation I could rent a apartment too. My mom is sick and couldn't take care of me anymore so my dad left us when he found out that my mother wasn't going to get better anymore.

Yeah I know, what a pussy right? What kind off man does that.

I couldn't pay the rent on my own, so I asked Allison to move in with me. Now don't get me wrong I come from a wealthy family but I have always had to work for my own money. My mom didn't want me to become a spoiled brat.

Allison has been by my side in every tricky situation that life had thrown at me, from my dad leaving me and my mom to all the heartbreaks that followed.

I am not a girl that cries over every boy and who let's a boy walk all over her, but I was trying to find out what love was.

After the divorce of my parents my whole vision about love changed, but I did never believe that love was fake. It is a real emotion, and a strong one too.

People just tend to love those who will destroy them in the end, and I was trying to avoid that by finding out what real love feels like right now so I don't make any misinterpretations in the future.