Chapter 26

Melany's pov

I'm not one to show up without an invitation.

I have been the one on the other side of the door way to many times. 

Opening the door in my robe and a bun on top of my head thinking it was just the mail man or Allison only to see one of my neighbors or friends in front of me. 

But this is not just someone, this is my mom. 

I'm sure she won't mind. 

I closed the trunk after lifting my bag out of the car, I lifted it over my shoulder and carried it with me to the front door of my mothers house. 

She doesn't live in my childhood home anymore, I don't blame her for it, there are just to many painful memories in that house that all of us would rather keep in the past. 

I spotted my sisters car across the street so I braced myself, especially my ears, for what was about to come. 

I knocked on the door three times and took a step back while I waited patiently for someone to open the door. 

The car ride over here was a disaster, it was two hours of keeping my emotions bottled in and trying my absolute best to shove the sadness to the back of my mind with all the strength I had left in my body.

I usually like going for a long drive, losing myself in the music as I step on the gas and feel free as I speed over the freeway. 

I'm sure I look horrible, sure I tried to make myself look presentable but I have been crying for a week straight so there is no doubt in my eyes being puffy or my face being pale. 

A tall, dark, handsome man opened the door and pulled me out of my thoughts. I immediately recognized him from the pictures Ciara has sent me a few weeks ago. 

"Hi," I smiled "you must be Tyrone?" I asked hesitantly in hopes I didn't get his name wrong.

That would be a horrible first impression.

His face relaxed a little and a smile took over his lips, "yeah, and by the way you look exactly like my fiance I assume you are Melany."

Jesus, his voice is deep and I'm breaking my neck over here by trying to look him in the face.

"Is it that obvious?" I laughed shaking his hand.

"Babe, who is that?" Ciara's voice sounded through the house and I put my pointer finger in front of my lips, Tyrone nodded and stepped aside.

"Just the mailman, some big package came in, did you order something?"

"No?" She answered confused, "mom did you order something?"

"No, I'm pretty sure you order some baby stuff again" my mom responded, I silently walked towards the living room. 

My sister has been staying at my moms for a few weeks, Tyrone is busy training for his NBA games and Ciara is getting to the point of her pregnancy where she can't do everything by herself anymore.

"Are you guys sure?" I asked standing in the door way. 

Their eyes shot up to where I was standing and my sister dropped everything in her hands before she nearly knocked me over with her hug. 

"Oh my god!" She squirmed.

My mother's and sister's surprised screams filled the room and nearly pierced my eardrums. 

I wrapped my arms tightly around my sister and I couldn't help the tears that sprung to my eyes, I haven't seen her in nearly two years. 

I pulled out of the hug and held her at arm length so I could take in her looks, it was like looking in a mirror, we look a lot alike, she's just two inches taller and she is more a street wear type of girl. 

I see you - completeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें