The End of a Memory

My fingers grazed along the door of my cell, and we're instantly shocked back. Anyone else could pass in and out of the door without any trouble, but I was blocked in. Seems another spell Rayon has my body encased in. Even if the door opened up, I don't know that I'd be able to get through. That or it'd just hurt like Hell. The second I could deal with need be, but it may be best to handle Rayon directly. Even with these spells binding my true strength, I could overpower him, especially with surprise on my side. I just need to target his throat first to inhibit him from speaking any spells. I need to be aware of the surveillance room as well; I can talk to Cu to see how that'll look like.

Hand falling to my side a noise sounded off in the back of my head. Emiya, Emiya... cu was back sooner than anticipated. Maybe something happened, maybe he couldn't find Alexei.

Yes?

I found him.

Really!?

Yes, now can you get the hell out of there; I'm sick of this place.

I wish, but it's not so simple. Cu when you're in the surveillance room, is it only you?

Yeah.

Good, then this should work out smoothly.

Mmm, it seems you already have a plan then?

I do. Cu when Rayon comes in tomorrow, I need you to make sure it's you in the surveillance room. From there, on my signal, I want you to go get the boy.

So we'll have to wait another day before all of this falls into play?

We'll have to, I need Rayon with me if I want out of this mess.

Alright, but Emiya... when you see him again, don't let him do anything more to you. I smiled at Cu's concern.

I assure you, I've no intention of letting him lay another finger on me.

Good. Now, I have to go, so we can continue this conversation tomorrow.

Alright, see you, Cu.

See you, Emiya. His voice faded out at the end, the distance between us too wide.

Pacing the room, my gut swirled in anticipation. After all that sleep, my body was finally getting its energy back, and after what happened in that bed, the thought of laying back down made me sick. Though I'm not declaring it as fervently as Cu, my sentiments towards this place and Rayon were the same. Taking Rayon down wouldn't just be a duty, but a pleasure. Sagging against the wall, I fell to the floor, thumping my foot in a steady rhythm. Thinking of Rayon coming in made me antsier by the second. Closing my eyes, I let my mind fade to things far more pleasant; Cu.

In the night, I was glad sleep managed to make it to me, even more pleased when I dreamed of Cu. It was more of a memory really, of the Holy Grail War I first met Cu in. The battle by the church was one I never expected to be so vital. Without it nothing between Cu and I would have happened. Instead, he simply would have been one of the many heroic spirits that passed along my path. Nothing but a face in the crowd. Since knowing him, I've gradually changed, until it all became apparent. Looking at it now, I don't know if the old me would have gone through this trouble for Alexei. No, I would have left him in that rotting city without second thought or remorse. Now, I can't help but be a little more hopeful with Cu around. Looking at it now, it seemed that the battle in front of the church was the only true luck I had.

With a small smile, I slid to the floor to lay down, searching for some more sleep to fill the empty hours of the night.

Emiya... Emiya... Emiya.... Cu's voice was a lazy song bringing me to consciousness. Synthetic light met my eyes as I opened them.