Cathbad's Peering Eyes

As we walked back, Cu sagged against me, proclaiming his need for sleep. Liam found us soon after entering the village, bringing us to our room. Upon arriving, my eyes landed on the two, narrow, separate beds. It was easy to imagine the kind of things racing through Cu's mind at that moment. Liam asked if there was anything else we needed, and as if he could suck the energy straight from the air and retain it, Cu's eyes lit up with life. Newly energized, he became quite passionate about the other things we needed. It didn't take long for us to be in another room, only one large bed this time.

Once we were alone again, that burst of energy Cu had seemed to have lost its power. Peeling off his hood, and shirt, Cu collapsed onto the bed, sinking into the plump surface. "You satisfied?" I asked, undoing the band at my waist.

"Not quite yet; you're not by my side."

The robe slipped from my shoulders. "Just a moment," I folded the cloth, and set it on the chest in the room. My body sank down next to Cu on the bed. "There." With slow movements, I rubbed his naked back., careful for his injured shoulder. His eyelids drooped more and more with each sliding touch. Me laying on my side, and Cu his stomach, he gathered up his remaining will to move, closing the last bit of space between us.

"Perfect," He muttered into the pillow, watching me through long lashes.

"Goodnight Cu." Placing a kiss on his forehead, Cu's eyes finally dropped shut, the long awaited sleep coming in. Even then, my hand never stopped gliding over his back. It wasn't until I could hear his long deep breaths of sleep, until I granted myself rest.

***

Morning brought me out of sleep, but wasn't enough to get me up. With Emiya's scent heavy in my nose, I hadn't the slightest wish to move. Eventually I managed to get an eye open, the surface of Emiya's skin coming into view. My head was laying on the curve of his side, the back of it pressed against his arm. Lower of my body tucked snuggly between his legs, the position wasn't all too bad; although my neck was a little stiff. Because of this fact, I eventually found it within myself to sit up, rolling my tight neck and shoulders. Kneeling up on the bed, I found Emiya still lost in sleep. I sorted through the different ways to wake him. Though it was tempting, I couldn't wake him, not while he looked so peaceful and beautiful curled up on the bed.

My feet hit the floor, and I forced myself up and away from Emiya. I slid the remainder of my clothes back onto my body, then worked some knots out of my hair, deciding upon leaving the blue strands hanging today. Morning preparations were finished up, leaving me to stare at the door. The prospect of leaving this room without Emiya was extremely undesirable. My eyes landed softly on the sleeping man, and temptation pulled me under. The edge of the bed sank under my weight, and I smiled down at Emiya.

Leaning sown, I sang softly into his ear "Emiya~?" My fingers brushed his cheek which resulted in a slight twitch on his end. "Emiya~ wake up." As my lips brushed over his eyelids, that allowed me to procure even more movement from him. "Emiya~?"

"Mmm?"

"Wake up~" His eyes fluttered open as I spoke. "Good morning, my love~"

A barely smile broke on his face as his eyelids fell back down. "Morning..."

"You going to get up?" My hand occupied its time curling white hair around its fingers.

"Do I have options with this response, or is my answer pre-selected?"

"What do you think?"

A sly eye peeked open at me, then closed again as he nuzzled deeper into the pillow. "I'll pretend like I don't know the right answer, and live in ignorance tucked away on this bed."