Trying her Best

So this may be a bit unexpected... but uh... the next chapter might be the last lmao. I wasn't expecting it either, so uh yeah. Depending on how I feel about it I'll do a few more, but I think it'll all end next chapter. I actually kinda can't wait!

"Vennessa..." Jean began. She was kneeling below the statue of the seven. This was the day after they had gotten back. In the morning, after finishing laundry, she spoke with Barbara. Or, Barbara tried to speak with her.

"How's it going?" Barbara asked. Jean sighed.

"It's fine. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to quickly start my patrol. I'm already a bit late." Jean replied.

"Give me strength..." Jean said, praying to the tree that grew from Vennessa's body. She got up, then continued her patrol. She swept through several Hilichurl camps, including three Abyss Mages.

"The Abyss Order is even more active than usual. Looks like I've gotta keep a guard up." She said to herself. For the rest of her afternoon, she worked on clearing Hilichurl camps. She was working harder than ever. Afterwards, she went back to HQ to work on paperwork. As she did, she turned to her window.

"I should go and defend the city tonight." She decided. She grabbed her sword and cloak then headed out. Quickly, she came across Abyss Mages near the side gates of Mondstadt.

"I knew it. I guess they're really trying to start something." She thought. She quickly jumped towards a Cryo Abyss Mage, taking it by surprise and taking it out before it could put up its shield. Afterwards, she checked the perimeter of the city and found nothing else.

"Guess they're staying safe. I should go for them instead." She decided. She made her way across the bridge. After looking around, she found that a few Hilichurls and Abyss Mages were carrying a few boxes. They were setting up a camp. The Abyss Mages shouted in a different language, and it seemed all the Hilichurls followed orders. Jean ran towards them.

There were three Abyss Mages. She took one out. As she did, that's when everyone noticed her. The other two put shields up while Hilichulrs charged her. Anemo swirled around Jean as she quickly launched herself past the Hilichurls. The two remaining Abyss Mages were Hydro and Pyro. She used Swirl to use the Hydro Mage's shield to destroy the Pyro Mage's shield. She dodged an attack from a few Hilichurls as she blasted back several of them, including the Pyro Mage.

She felt a splash of Hydro hit her. She turned towards the Hydro Mage as a bubble came towards her. She jumped back as she popped if. As she did, she jumped over Hilichurls and finished off the Pyro Mage. She then began taking out Hilichurls with the help of her Anemo vision. The Hydro Mage watched as the dozens of Hilichurls were taken out.

"This Dandelion Night... she's as strong as the Acting Grand Master!" It decided. Jean finished the Hilichurls then turned to the Hydro Mage to find that it was gone. It had teleported away.

"Smart move." She said. She looked around.

"Well, let's keep moving." She said to herself, rubbing her arm where she was hit. She quickly went to see that there were a few more camps getting set up. Not only that, she found a few Treasure Hoarders too. Their reactions to her made her laughe.

"T-The Darknight Hero!?" One asked.

"You fool! That's the Dandelion Night! They're not any better than the Darknight though!" Another shouted, running off. Jean laughed to herself. After the endless clearing of new types of camps, she collapsed in her bed when she got home. It was almost three in the morning. She would wake up four hours later.

"That was... a nice... adrenaline rush..." She thought to herself, feeling alive for the last few hours. It seemed that fighting was the only thing that brought her feeling again. Everything else was boring and uneventful. She fell asleep quickly, exhausted. She hugged a pillow close to her, expecting a hug back...