An Attempt at Romance

Quite a bit later...

After a long time of just about no special events, Diluc made his way into Mondstadt like any other day. However, his agenda was quite simple.

"Go to Jean's office and hand the files over, then go straight to work. I can't be talking with her every day." He thought to himself. He was now on the bridge to Mondstadt.

"If something doesn't change fast, my life is gonna be ruined. I need to do something about my feelings..." He thought with a heavy sigh. After sighing, he looked up from the ground and looked at the city of Mondstadt. It was more colorful today. In fact, it was decorated to the brim with flowers and carpets.

"Flowers? Wait..." Diluc began.

"It's Windblume today!" Amber shouted happily in the Favonious HQ. Lisa came out of the library, sleepily with a yawn.

"I see. It's great and all, but could you keep it down?" She asked with a yawn half way through.

"S-Sorry!" Amber bowed. As she did, Jean opened her door. Amber looked up.

"Going out to patrol today?" Amber asked. Jean nodded.

"During Windblume? Can you relax even once in your life?" Lisa asked.

"I can, but not when I need to make sure everyone is safe. It's a big event, so I don't want anyone worrying." Jean replied. Amber and Lisa watched as she left the HQ. Lisa sighed.

"That doesn't really work when other people are worried for you." Lisa sighed. She then turned to Amber.

"So Amber, what are you doing today? Is there anyone special?" She asked.

"What? N-No..." She replied, her rabbit ears slouching a little bit. Lisa giggled.

"Let's see, today, I have to..." Jean began before running into Diluc.

"Diluc! Good morning!" She greeted.

"Good morning. I brought some files." He said, holding them out. Jean nodded and took them from him.

"Great, now I've gotta go before a conversation—" Diluc was thinking before Jean spoke.

"How are you liking the Windblume Festival so far?" She asked. Diluc internally smacked himself for being slow.

"It's fine I guess. I'm not too into decorations and such." He said. Jean pouted.

"At least credit it, it looks good, doesn't it?" She asked. Diluc looked around.

"Sure." He replied. Jean sighed in disappointment.

"Anyway, I have to go. I bet a lot of people are gonna be at the tavern today." Diluc said. Jean looked at him for a moment.

"O-Okay. I'll be on my usual patrol." She said. Diluc nodded as he walked off to Angel's Share. As he did, from a distance, Venti watched them.

"He's helpless." He sighed. He then turned and walked in front of a crowd of people. He would go and see Diluc soon enough. Soon enough...

Diluc stood, hearing Venti and Kaeya give love advice to some kid.

"They don't have a single clue when it comes to romance, do they?" He asked himself. Soon enough, it seemed the conversation came to an end as the kid began walking off.

"Alright! Diluc! Get us a round!" Venti shouted. Diluc sighed.

"Why did I take this job?" He asked himself. Venti slid across the table to Diluc.