Tired

Jean made another massive yawn as she woke up in the morning.

"Ahhh... at least I got some sleep." She said, still very tired. She got up and got ready for the morning, however, it was sluggish. It took longer than usual. She opened her office door to go patrol.

"Ah, Jean! Want to have some tea before you go out?" Lisa asked. Jean nodded. Lisa made some tea and Jean waited for Lisa to enter her office. She was resting her eyes when she eventually fell asleep on her chair.

"Jean! The tea's done... Jean?" Lisa asked. Jean jumped in her chair, being shocked awake as she banged her knee on the desk.

"Wha— OW!" She shouted, going and rubbing her knee.

"I'm sorry, are you okay!?" Lisa asked, quickly walking over but still holding the tea carefully.

"Y-Yeah... that woke me up..." Jean replied. Lisa sighed, placing tea down.

"Are you sure? You've been really tired lately. More than me actually." She said. Jean sighed in response.

"Well, I've just had a lot of work I guess." She replied. Lisa saw the bags under her eyes.

"Well, don't overwork yourself too much! If you need to, I can sing a lullaby to help you take a nap." She said.

"What!? I'm not a child. Besides, I can't be sleeping when I've got to get to work." Jean replied. Lisa sighed.

"Oh... well, I'm kinda happy. I'm not too good at singing." She said. After some more tea and talking, Jean decided to finally go out on patrol. Lisa went back to the library to probably nap. Jean was leaving the HQ.

"Diluc hasn't stopped by... I wonder why..." She asked herself. As she was on her way down the steps, Barbara sprinted full speed at her.

"Big sister I'm glad you're okay!" She shouted, hugging her. Jean turned instantly red.

"WHA— W-What do you mean!? S-Someone might see us!" She exclaimed. Barbara let go of her.

"I got a love letter and I thought it meant that the people buried you and I got scared—" Barbara was saying before Jean stopped her.

"Who gave it." She asked, grabbing her sword's handle and giving off a deadly aura.

"I-It was the fan club! Don't worry!" Barbara reassured. Jean put her sword back. Barbara sighed with a smile.

"I'm glad you're okay. I took it a little too literally." She explained. Jean nodded.

"I'm fine, as great as always!" She smiled. However, when she did, Barbara looked at her. She looked tired.

"Um... are you sure?" Barbara asked. Jean nodded again. It didn't seem that way. However-

"A-Alright! I guess you had a rough night! I guess we all do! I'm in a bit of a rush, so see you later!" Barbara waved, running off to an urgent meeting with some others. Jean waved back. After she was gone, she sighed.

"Man I'm tired. Whatever. I'll get used to it soon enough." She said to herself, stretching her arms. Afterward, she made her way to go and begin a patrol to find a few Hilichurl camps.

"Phew, that's tiring." She said, walking from a destroyed camp. As she did, in the distance, she saw Amber and Eula eradicating a camp filled with Hilichurls of all kind. She ran over to help out. As she got there, she quickly blasted a few to the ground as Amber threw her Baron Bunny towards them.

Meanwhile, Eula was finishing off a Mitachurl on her own. She quickly dodged its axe and carried her momentum into a big slash from her claymore, imbued with Cryo. The Mitachurl struggled to stand here falling collapsing to the ground.