Vengeance

Diluc made his way to Mondstadt.

"Alright, try and keep your mind off her. I'll just go in, share information, and head out. I won't even have to see her." He thought to himself. He sighed. Instead of seeing Jean, he decided to go and give the information to Kaeya, even if he's a nuisance. He just couldn't stand to look at Jean the way he was.

"Then, I'll just take out some Hilichurl camps, and that's it." He said. Soon enough, he arrived in Mondstadt. He was standing outside of the Favonious HQ.

"Alright Diluc. You can do this. Just don't enter her office today." He said to himself. He took a deep breath, then opened the door. As he did, someone else opened it from the other side.

"Dammit." Diluc thought...

"Alright. I would try to avoid him today..." Jean was saying to herself. She then thought of him. She shook her head, becoming red.

"N-No. I can't be doing that. Mondstadt over anything." She said to herself. She left her office and went over to Lisa in the library. She entered as Lisa placed a box of books on her desk with a huff.

"Oh, Jean! If you could take these books outside for me that would be great! I've split tea on them and need them to dry out for a bit. Could you please?" Lisa asked.

"Sure. I'm heading out anyway." Jean replied.

"Oh, and take this. Place it beside the books once you're done." Lisa explained. Jean took it and read it.

"I'm watching." It read, with the signature of Librarian. That's a good enough reason not to steal anything... unless you like getting shocked.

"Alright! I'm heading out." Jean said. Lisa waved as Jean left the HQ with the box and the sign. As she went to open the door, something else opened it.

"You've got to be kidding me." Jean thought.

Diluc and Jean stared at each other without saying a word for a second. They both flushed red. Diluc cleared his throat quickly.

"J-Jean! I have information on some Hilichurl camps and Treasure Hoarders." He said. Jean nodded.

"R-Right. Anyway, I have to go take these out." Jean replied, maintaining her composure. Diluc nodded. He held the door open as Jean went out and Diluc went in. He went straight to Kaeya's room.

"Hey calvaryless captain, I've got some more enemy location if you wanna distribute it with your men." Diluc said. Kaeya turned to him.

"Oh, fatherless brother. I will humbly accept your gift. Thank you." Kaeya smiled. Diluc sighed, leaving the room. He decided to go and take out some camps. As he was going, he stopped and watched Jean set out the books and the sign.

"What are you doing exactly?" He asked.

"DILUC—!? Oh— I'm... setting books out for Lisa. She spilt tea on them." Jean explained. Diluc read the sign.

"That's enough security." He said. Jean nodded.

"When you're done, wanna hunt camps with... me..." Diluc was saying, getting slower on that last part.

"What is wrong with me?" Diluc thought. Jean turned red, thinking of how to answer.

"Please say no. Please say no." Diluc was thinking.

"S-Sure." Jean replied. Diluc internally facepalmed. The whole plan was to do the opposite of this. He sighed.

"Whatever. Hopefully the battle takes our mind off of things." He thought. Jean finished up with the books and went with Diluc to outside of Mondstadt. As they left, they got a few speculating stares.