Dandelion Night

Jean was walking through Mondstadt around the afternoon. She barely got any sleep due to last night's events, and she was tired. She took a big yawn before running into somebody.

"Oh, sorry." She apologized.

"Oh, Jean. I was looking for you." Diluc said. Jean turned a bit red.

"Oh! Diluc! W-What do you need me for?" She asked, seemingly becoming wide awake.

"Well, it's about last night's deal... about how I'd treat you to something." Diluc replied. Jean froze for a second. She shook her head.

"Wait, you don't really. I mean, it was just me protecting a civilian. I should be treating you for what you've done for the city." She replied. Diluc sighed.

"Well, because of you, someone's blood isn't on my hands. Take this offer, please." He replied. Jean stared at him for a moment. Diluc stared back at her.

"A-Alright. W-What are you even going to treat me to?" Jean asked.

"Well, I'm thinking dinner. You don't mind, do you?" Diluc responded. Jean shook her head.

"Today is... fine..." She said, slowing down. Diluc tilted his head.

"You alright?" He asked. Jean turned really red.

"What!? Y-Yeah! Of course I have— I mean, am! I'll be going now!" She waved to Diluc, getting away from him. Diluc was a bit confused.

"All I did was... oh..." Diluc thought, realizing what he'd done.

"A-A date!?" Jean thought to herself. She was sitting at a bench down by Good Hunter. She took a deep breath.

"He... He probably didn't mean it like that. It was just payment for yesterday..." She said, placing a hand on her forehead. She got up and began heading for the gates to leave. That's when she heard some chatter by the Floral Whisper. She turned to see Flora surrounded by a few people and a guard.

"Is that really true!?" One of the people asked.

"Mhm! Ask him! He saw it as well!" Flora exclaimed, pointing at the guard.

"Yeah, but I doubt there really is another one." The guard said. Jean walked over.

"Is there a problem?" She asked. The guard stood straight.

"Master Jean! I'm sure you've heard of the Darknight Hero, correct?" He asked. Jean nodded, a little confused. She didn't know where this was going.

"There's another one! With the Darknight Hero!" Flora exclaimed. Everyone turned to her.

"Y-Yeah... she said she was saved by them. She found me and brought me to the battle, where I saw two figures. It was the Darknight and someone else." The guard explained. After a few seconds, it hit Jean.

"That was..." She began.

"Anyway, what are we gonna call this person?" One of the people asked.

"I've already got a name!" Flora replied. Everyone turned to her. She placed her foot out and stuck her arm in the air.

"Dandelion Night!" She shouted. Everyone turned to one another, then back to her. Jean smiled.

"Sure, that works I guess." She said. Everyone else agreed. They kept talking about it as Jean left to do her daily duties. As she left, she was internally screaming.

"What have I done!? Now I'm a vigilante? Calm down Jean, this is fine." She decided. She pushed it off to the side for now and continued to wipe any nearby Hilichurl camps. After a few hours, she took a break.