Feelings

One month later...

Jean finished off a camp of Hilichurls.

"Phew, they've been coming in pretty quickly recently." Jean said. Lisa yawned.

"Tell me about it. I'm getting tired." Lisa replied.

"You're always tired." Jean responded. The two made their way around their patrol, looking for more camps.

"You know, I have to ask..." Lisa began. Jean turned her head to her.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Well, it's been a while now since I've had this suspicion. So I've decided to be a little straight forward." Lisa began. Jean nodded, allowing her to finish.

"What are your opinions on Diluc?" She asked. Jean turned a little red.

"What? What do you mean? How does this have any correlation to your suspicions?" She asked instantly. Lisa giggled.

"Just wondering." She said. Jean sighed, calming down.

"My thoughts on Diluc... well, they haven't really changed, or if anything, they've gotten stronger— I mean I think of him more now and look up to him! I-I want to reach his efficiently and think that the effort he puts in to bring information is nice! That's all I mean by that!" Jean explained in one hurried dialogue. Lisa laughed.

"So you like him?" She asked. Jean turned Diluc's hair red.

"L-Like? As in friend? Or the other one?" She asked. Lisa smiled.

"Whichever one you want it to be." Lisa said. However, it was like she was really suggesting the fact that it was the other one. Jean couldn't take it anymore.

"I-I'm going to the next camp! Bye!" Jean shouted, running off. Lisa started laughing.

"Oh Jean. So I guess it's true then." She said...

Meanwhile...

Diluc was filling out some order shipments when there was a knock at his office door.

"Who is it?" Diluc asked.

"It's Kaeya." The voice said. Diluc stared at the door. He went back to writing papers.

"Let me in please." Kaeya exclaimed. Diluc sighed, going and opening the door.

"What do you need?" He asked. Kaeya slipped past him into his office.

"Well, I wanted to talk." He said. Diluc groaned. He went back to his desk and leaned back.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Well, you know, I've had this sneaking suspicion for some time now... so I need to ask you a few questions." Kaeya said. Diluc stared at him for a second.

"What is this about?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing, nothing. My own personal goal. Anyway, I shall begin the questioning." Kaeya said, clearing his voice.

"You hate the knights, is that right?" He asked.

"Kinda." Diluc answered.

"Alright, but you like Jean, correct?" He asked. Diluc was a little irritated but tried to keep his composure.

"I don't. It depends on what you mean by that." He replied. Kaeya nodded.

"Alright, alright, I see what you mean. Anyway, what are your thoughts on Amber then?" He asked. Diluc kinda just stared confusingly at him.

"How... is that supposed—" He was asking before Kaeya cut him off again.

"Just answer. I don't have all day." He said. Diluc sighed.