I'm Sorry

Hehe chaos and sadness

"I'm... sorry." Diluc said. Jean was confused.

"No, I'm sorry? I don't understand." She asked. Diluc sighed.

"I'll be honest with you..." Diluc began. He took a deep breath.

"I... I love you too." He said, turning a little red. Jean went super red.

"A-And you're sorry!? What do you mean!?" She asked, flustered. Diluc sighed.

"I just think... this won't work." He said. Jean felt like her heart stop. She didn't understand, yet understood fully.

"What... do you mean?" She asked.

"It's just that... with work and everything, it's dangerous." Diluc explained. Jean just stared at him blankly.

"I hate to say it, but as much as I'd love to, we can't be in a relationship. Work is dangerous, and we're the heads of our clans. Imagine what would happen if people found out. It would just be a hassle for us and the knights, not to mention how either one of us would react is one of his get injured." He explained. Jean couldn't say anything. Her brain was thinking too many things.

"I'm sorry." Diluc said. Jean couldn't figure it out. He was right, but he was wrong. She didn't know how to feel. Her brain went through all of it again and again.

"I... guess..." She said. She didn't want to retaliate.

"Jean... I'm sorry—" Diluc was in the middle of saying.

"It's fine. It makes sense. So much sense. You're completely right. I should have thought about that! I was being selfish!" Jean concluded. What she said was involuntary. She didn't want to say it at all. Diluc didn't want her to say that. There was a moment of silence.

"I'm... glad we came to an agreement." Diluc lied. He wasn't glad at all.

"Yeah..." Jean said. She no longer felt anything at that moment. The two walked back, leaving what had happened then to remain only to them...

Jean woke with a groan. She didn't feel very awake. She wished she could lay in bed all day for the next week, just hugging a pillow.

"I don't..." She began. She sighed.

"Whatever. Let's just get to work." She said, getting up and getting dressed. She prepared herself for her morning routine before realizing there was laundry. She quickly went and gathered her dirty clothes. She took all the clothes and walked out the HQ to begin washing them and drying them. As she did this, someone walked by.

"Ah, Jean." Diluc said, being up early. Jean kept doing laundry. It was a nice day outside, so she would wash them outside then hang them on a line.

"I have info about nearby camps." He said. Jean glanced at him.

"Just slide it under my door." She said. She wasn't going to show him attitude. This is what he wanted, and he was right. She never should have gotten her hopes up for a relationship. She never thought about all the details. She never did, she believed. It was her fault for going this far after all. She had to make up for it now.

"Alright." Diluc replied. He didn't show much emotion, but he hated this. He didn't like talking to Jean after that. He wished he hadn't said anything. He walked in and slid the file below Jean's door. As he did, someone approached him.

"What did you do?" Kaeya asked straight forward. Diluc turned to him.

"Slid some files under the door." He replied. He knew very well what Kaeya meant. He was just avoiding it.