018

back to school tomorrow, and im way too tired

The next day Harry still feels horrible but he is at least downstairs, helping his mother to bake a cake that she is going to bring later to the Tomlinson's because Harry's father has a meeting all day with Mark. Harry is not going to join though and Anne didn't really push him either.

"Oh, that's the doorbell. I'm going to check. Can you watch the cake, dear?"

"Sure, mom."

A minute later Anne comes back and Harry's mouth drops.

"Dear, this is Zayn. He says he is a friend of yours." The boy with the black hair is standing next to Anne in the kitchen.

"Uh, yeah he is." Harry mumbles, not looking at the boy.

"You can go up to your room then Harry or the garden, wherever you want. I'll finish the cake." Anne gives her son a sweet smile and Harry decides to just go to the garden because he can use some fresh air now that one of Louis' friends is here.

"Do you want something to drink?" Harry asks nervously when Zayn has taken place.

"I don't need a drink, thanks Harry. What I do need is that you come with me to my place so you can talk to Louis."

Okay, that's straight forward.

"I'd rather not..." Harry looks down and starts playing with his fingers.

"Harry, it's the third day that the two of you are being way too dramatic and without communication. You should really talk. Yesterday Louis finished basically my whole beer storage. It's a week before you go home and you'll regret if you and Louis just leave like that, for sure after all the time the two of you spent together. I know it means a lot to you just like it does to Louis."

A humourless laugh escapes Harry's lips.

"Of course it means a lot to him. Please go waste someone else's time, Zayn."

"Harry..."

"No, I want you to leave please. I can't handle this."

"Harry..."

"Leave, Zayn." His tone is harsh and Zayn only sighs and nods, saying goodbye when he passes the woman inside and lets himself out of the house.

When Harry hears the front door shut loudly he can't help but cry and cry and he feels so stupid.

"Oh, Harry..." Anne walks out of the kitchen and walks towards her son, pulling him in for a hug. "It hurts, mom."

Anne doesn't answer, just pulls her boy closer and kisses his hair, assuring that everything will be alright.

--

"Where have you been?" is the first thing Louis asks when Zayn enters the front door of his house.

"Just for a walk. Didn't think that sleeping beauty would be awake already at this time."

Louis rolls his eyes and puts his head back on the sofa. "I needed painkillers and you weren't here to bring some. Can you give me now, Zaynie?" Louis' eyes are closed and one hand is resting on his forehead.

"You know what helps better than painkillers, Louis? Not drinking like an alcoholic." Zayn snaps but gives his friend a glass of water with a painkiller anyway.

"What has bitten in your ass?" Louis takes the pill and swallows it with quite some water.

"Nothing, Louis. You should take a shower and then go home." Zayn comments, taking place on the other couch and turning on the tv on a volume that's way too loud.

"What the fuck, Zayn my head is already bursting!" Louis cusses. "Do you really have to put it so loud?"

Zayn just ignores the boy and closes his eyes. He wants to be on Louis' side desperately but he can't help seeing himself in Harry, hopeless in love and heartbroken.

--

"Darling I know this is about Louis but I really want you to come with me to the Tomlinson's. You shouldn't be home alone now." Anne says to her son. "We don't have to stay long and if you want we can go out to grab a bite to eat. Dad is staying with the Tomlinson's anyway. It can be a night just the two of us, what do you think?"

Harry thinks for a while. He will be probably bored in his neighbour's house but he doesn't want to be alone either. The only thing stopping him was Louis but he is at Zayn's house so if they aren't staying too long he shouldn't have to face him.

"Not longer than an hour?" Harry asks for assurance.

"Not longer than an hour, darling I promise." Anne smiles.

"Okay, I'll come with. Just let me change in something... Well that's not sweatpants."

And ten minutes later Harry and Anne are standing in front of the Tomlinson's house. Their butler opens the door and Harry and Anne walk towards the living room.

"I'm going to bring the cake upstairs to the men." Anne smiles at Johanna.

"Oh that's lovely. I'm making tea for all of us then. Harry if you want you can go play some X-box in Louis' room? He isn't supposed to be home very soon I'm sorry about that but I'm sure he's okay with you using his stuff."

And honestly X-box sounds a lot better than sitting here with his mother and her freshly made bestie talking about what happened on Desperate Housewives. At least he can be on his own then.

"That sounds lovely if that's alright, Johanna." Harry answers politely, putting on a fake smile.

"Of course! Louis is really fond of you, he wouldn't mind if you go in his room. I bet he is even disappointed if I tell him you were over. I can give him a call if you want? I'm sure he'll be here in..."

"You really don't have to." Harry interrupts quickly. "I'm sure he's having fun now with his other friends and I don't want to disturb him. It's alright." Harry shows his teeth, trying to create some kind of smile. Johanna buys it, telling Harry that he is such a polite boy and Harry walks upstairs.

And the boy is actually excited when he sees that Louis has the new FIFA game and he immediately inserts it, starting to play enthusiastically that he doesn't hear or notice anything around him, also not a certain boy he is trying to avoid and came home early...