Chapter 10

(NEW'S POV)

New looked around to see if Earth was watching him . He knew that he was being babysat again but now Earth was nowhere to be seen and that gave him a chance . He slowly inched towards the drinks bar set up in the ballroom for this event . He needed a drink before he could take the stage.

Yes he had agreed to take over the business but that doesn't mean he likes it . Gun had given him an option but he rejected it , he wanted his parents to feel proud , to love him like they did when he and his brothers were kids, before they went to high school when everything changed .His relation with his parents went downhill and after his brother's death everything shattered .

He sometimes dreamt every thing would go back to normal ,he sometimes wished his brother was alive so that he didn't feel like killing himself everyday .

"New be ready " his father told him before patting his back and taking the stage.

"As you already know why everyone is here today I would once again like to announce and this time formally that I am handing over my business to my son .I have worked hard to get to the point where I am today .Our family has suffered due to the unexpected death of my eldest son ,but I am sure my son is now ready to continue my business while me and my wife retire. And I know he will do a great job while doing so.
Thank you now I would request my son to say something "

"You can do this my son I know you can and I will support your every decision "His father said smiling as he handed him the mic .

This was the first time in many years his father had said he was happy with him and smiled at him. Maybe giving up his passion was not that much of a bad thing.

"Thank you to everyone for coming today .I am not really good at words but I will say I will try my best for the company's future "He quickly got down from the stage and was enveloped in a hug By Gun who was clearly a bit tipsy judging by the way he was walking .

"Congratulations " said Pick .He was a bit confused why he was with a tipsy Gun ,but then they were business partners nothing to worry RIGHT.

Then he was showered with Congratulations from almost everyone in the party .He felt a burden ,which he had never felt before .He was afraid he might do something wrong and let everyone down. He sighed and went to stand on the balcony attached to the house ,there were no one there and he felt good .He looked up at the stars and thought of his dead brother 'it must have been tough for him too ,to live upto everyone 's expectations '.Maybe for the first time in his life he could relate to his  brother.

"Hey " came a voice from behind him "What are you doing here alone "
He turned around to see Tay walking towards him ,but unlike the other people around whom he felt suffocate it was not the case with Tay .Infact he wanted to talk to someone and he was the only option as his two besties were nowhere to be found.

"Hey,I was just thinking "New replied
"May I know what?" Tay asked joining him
"Just about today" New said and Tay hummed.They fell into a comfortable silence watching the stars .New had no clue why but he had a weird feeling.

(TAY'S POV)

He saw New escaping from the ballroom after his tiny speech and decided to follow him .When he reached the balcony he saw New gazing at the stars deep in thought .The moonlight making him look even more stunning .He wished he could have New as his boyfriend at that instant but he felt he had to thread carefully for some reason.

After he asked New about what he was thinking and receiving the vaguest answer possible they fell into a strange kind of silence. Tay was looking at the stars when he thought of capturing the sky it looked so beautiful, but maybe he could also capture the other beautiful person beside him.

He took out his Leica and tried to snap a picture but ended up almost falling of the rail .New quickly held onto Tay so that the poor guy won't fall.

"Tayy Why are you so clumsy?" New asked him .Tay showed him his teeth scratching his neck
"Umm sorry ".But he was not sorry at all but rather happy to have come in contact with New.

"Tay you are a photographer because I am pretty sure that is not a common camera "New asked him turning towards the stars again with a sad look on his face
"Yes Hin I .." Oh shit he was not supposed to hear what nickname Tay had for him .
"Hin who ?"New asked facing him
"Ahhhh...you "
"And why is that huh?"
"Cause you may look like you are soft everywhere but actually you are quite hard" Tay babbled before realizing his mistake as New's eyes went wide .

But before he could say anything Tay hurried and added
"What I meant to say is that your body is hard ...I mean...ugh...when I was ..uh ...taking you upstairs when you were drunk ...it was quite clear that you go to gym and ...ummm"
"Okay okay " New said to him saving him from further embarrassing himself.

Tay sighed in relief .
"So can I call you Hin plz" Tay said giving him his best puppy dog eyes.
"You are really like a child ,fine you can call me Hin but not in front of everyone " New said before turning back to see the stars .

'Does that mean he wants to see just me ? ' Tay kept that thought to himself as he knew New will decline it if he said it out loud .

"So are you a photographer?" New asked him again.
"Yes I do a bit of photography here and there "
" How do you get time ?"
"You know it is not that tough to find time for yourself you know, I work ,sometimes take time off and go on vacations with Pick ,Singto ,Arm and my other friends .

New looked at Tay a small smile forming across his pretty face seeing the dork talking nonstop about everything he can .Both of them falling for each other slowly 🐌

Both of them falling for each other slowly 🐌

A/N :he he sorry for not uploading. My exams just got over and now I am feeling too lazy to write 🤪