I cant drown my demons, they know how to swim

Kalistas P.O.V.

I never thought they'd would find me. I hoped thy wouldn't. I'm no religious but I prayed they'd forget me.
But they didn't. They showed up at my door, I had no idea why. Probably to finish me off. They disgusted me, how they could act like I had deserved it. What had i done to deserve that? What they had done was awful, disgusting, unfixable. And they weren't sorry, I knew they weren't they would never really feel bad but of course it hadn't been their innocence to be torn away from them in a ghetto alley.
They were rapists.
I had been one of their victims. And God only knows if there had been others. But I did know that Cheyenne had defended me. She had stabbed one of them, he had been the ringleader. The one to commit the awful act while his friends held me down. She had stabbed him and I loved her for it.

Outside, the neighborhood kids gathered in a circle around something in the road. Their mothers stood behind them with shocked and horrified looks on their faces. Something didn't seem right. I stole a glance at Cheyenne who was asleep on the couch tangled up in the wire in her ear buds and smiling softly in her sleep at whatever song she was listening to. The evening sun pierced through the blinds, Landing in broken lines over her face, making the scene even more beautiful then it was already. After staring at Cheyenne for a moment I decided to go look outside to see what the kids were staring at.

I got outside and broke through the circle of kids, looking to the center of the circle.
My heart sank. There was a pile there, not all that significant until you looked at it. The pile consisted of pictures and a tape. The pictures were what killed me. There was a girl. Naked. Bleeding from various places. Laying on the asphalt being held down. There were tears streaming down her face. It was me. I knew what was on that tape. It was that night. The night they destroyed me.