Memories

Kalistas P.O.V. --Everyone knew Walter was a creep. There was no way in hell we would have let that girl stay there, so as soon as she walked into the house some buff neighbor had his ear pressed to the door and his hand on the knob, preparing to throw the door open at a moments notice. What came after that im not sure, that particular neighbor would most likely kill waltar without hesitation, its not like the police gave a shit what happens in this part of town. i was the only one in the neighborhood hr age and gender so that left her to me, I positioned myself on the crackly brown lawn that had probably been dead for years like the rest of the lawn in this neighborhood. I originally thought the girl would have been an emotional wreck, no one ever goes into foster care for a good reason. But she still managed to hold it together when she exited the house with her jaw clenched and her eyes strait forward as if she was determined not to acknowledge the sadness we all saw there.
She ran down the steps and away from the house but didn't seem to notice she was headed strait for me. I didn't really notice either, I was too distracted by her to care what she was doing. Everythibg she did had a cat-like grace to it, every step was deliberate and every movement no matter how simple was like another step in some dance only she noticed. Her eyes finally met mine just as she ran into me and she tried to stop but tripped running into me, and falling into my arms. I sighed as i helped her to her feet and looked at her again, I realized that she was looking at me too. Her eyes lingered on my lips, I felt the urge to throw myself forward and kiss her with everything inside of me but I had just met her. She had most likely had an awful couple of weeks I couldn't take advantage of her like that. Her hair was died purple but she looked like she had been blonde at one point, she had creamy pale skin and her eyes, were a dark blue like the night sky, that threatened to suck me in. Her nose was just the right size for her face and even enhanced her already beautiful features. Her lips were a light pink color and could have been skillfully painted on her face by a God of beauty for all I knew. Her eyebrows were knitted together in a frustrated scowl and her lips made a slight pout as she looked at me with what I recognized as longing.
I didn't even hear myself talking but she responded with "Yeah....um I'm...im okay.. Im just glad someone came to help"
"Ok! Well I'm Kalista" some stranger said, using my name oh wait...that was me...
"Cheyenne" the girl said shoving her hand into mine. It was surprisingly cold but not clammy it was a little bit refreshing, like going swimming on a hot summer day. It wasn't uncomfortable either, even In those few seconds with her hand in mine, I knew our hands fit together perfectly. Just by looking at her lips I knew they would fit against my lips perfectly. But...I wasn't supposed to like girls...I doubt she even liked me, that look of longing was nothing. My imagination. Besides I promised myself never again. Not after last time. That cold December night as I was walking home from Sarah's, is all too clear in my mind. I still wake up screaming and crying, but there are no parents to comfort me. There never will be again.
I remember the alley where they cornered me.
Where they stole my innocence.
Then left me for dead.
I remember my father finding me the next day...
And disowning me.

-----------------------------------------
Soo how was it? I might tell you about kalistas past in the next chapter....or I might not.. You never know with me!