Chapter 58: Threesome

Start from the beginning

"Nope," Noah laughed, stepping in front of Katie to push her by the waist so she rolled backwards into the flow of skaters, grabbing his arms with a shriek of surprise.

"COME ON YOU CHICKEN SHITS," Jill yelled as she rolled by, skating backwards with an insane amount of grace for someone I had once assumed had zero physical prowess.

"Need a hand?" Ace asked, lips pressed so tight together they disappeared, clearly trying to spare me the embarrassment of not laughing right in my face.

"No, I got this," I said, slowly getting up using the chair.

"I think you've got your hands full," Mick commented, tugging on his shirt pointedly.

"Mick!"

I turned so fast I wobbled, pitching forward onto my hands, ass in the air, then crumpled to my knees.

"Aidan?" Mick cried, making no move to leave Ace's side, despite the joy on his face.

"Surprise!" he said, going over to give him a hug once Ace managed to hand Mick over to him without letting him fall. "I'm sorry it took forever it come home--"

"I'm just glad you're finally back," Mick said, wasting no time at all before kissing him hard, arms tight around Aidan's form.

"Now do you want a hand?" Ace asked, stopping in front of me with one hand extended, where I was sitting on my knees, contemplating all the ways I had overestimated how fun this outing was going to be. At the very least, Aidan was back so even if Mick ended up breaking a leg, at least Aidan would be by his hospital bed.

"Yes," I said grudgingly, and he helped me to my feet too, keeping a hand on my waist as they shared a rather intimate reunion. It had been ages since they last saw each other, thanks to delays in Mona's schedule, and it definitely showed.

Ace cleared his throat, leaning down to me. "Maybe a bit of privacy?" he suggested, as they continued to kiss and ignore us. I'd catch up with Aidan later...much later if them making out was anything to go by.

"You read my mind," I said, "Unfortunately, I don't know how to get out of here."

"I got it covered," he said, turning around in front of me, taking my hands and pulling me along while he skated backwards, easily navigating his way into the stream of skaters while I clutched his hands and tried not to move at all.

"Is it really a vamp thing where you guys are just good at everything?" I said glumly, staring down at my feet and the strobe lights dancing across the shiny floor.

"I mean, kind of. But I was also around when skating was invented so I picked it up as a hobby," he said, making a wide turn around the corner. "Blade and I used to do it together actually."

"Seriously? I cannot picture that at all," I said. Even witnessing Ace on skates in front of me seemed wrong and the idea of Blade rolling around even worse.

"Oh yeah, it was actually a pretty good time, plus it was easy to impress the ladies, a kind of meal on wheels kind of deal," he said, periodically checking over his shoulder for incoming skaters.

I snorted. "That makes more sense."

One corner of his mouth quirked up in a smile. "Hey, as times change you gotta evolve to follow the trends, that's where you'll find the most people and an easier time for food. Also it was super fun. Fantastic music, fantastic people, it was always a party. Though these are an upgrade," he said, lifting one skate pointedly.

"Are they?" I asked, still not having moved my feet an inch and my back was starting to ache from being so hunched over as he pulled me along the floor.