Chapter 6

[ Harry ]

Who's that blonde chick? She looks like a model. Or maybe she is a model. I could recognize the guy beside him. It's Luke West, a famous ramp and fashion model.

Why are they here? And who's that girl to Zayn? I can clearly see hearts on his eyes when he looks at her. When Zayn left my table, I knew he'd go to that girl. His eyes were fixed on her since she walks in and I felt a pang of jealousy. But that chick is with someone. She came with Luke so it's impossible that she's Zayn's girlfriend, right? Maybe she's just a close friend who came here for a visit and to eat of course. Yah that's it.

Even if Zayn says he's not gay, I don't care. I just want to be close to him even if it's just be friends with him. That would be enough for me. Who knew, maybe he'd fall for me too.

I kept my eye on Zayn wherever he'd go. Then, I saw him went to the direction of the restroom. When I looked back at the blonde girl's table, she's gone. Luke is left alone, talking to someone on his phone.

[ Zayn ]

"Can we talk?" I quickly asked as soon as Dana walks out of the ladies' restroom. She raised an eyebrow when she saw me. I grabbed her arm lightly and lead her to the corner where no one could see us.

"Sure babe. What about?" I let go of her arm and took a deep breath before speaking.

"Is it true that you're marrying him?"

Her face lit up and she beamed at me. "Yes. Our wedding is next month. I hope you could g--"

"But why?! I cut her off, cupping her face with my hand.

"But why what? Of course I want to marry him. Isn't it obvious?" she chuckled, pushing me away from her.

"I left New York because I want you to think. Think about us. And now what? You're saying you're getting married?! What about us?!" I hissed, gripping her shoulder, shaking her lightly.

"Zayn pl--"

"Do you love him?"

"I love him." she quicky answered, staring into my eyes.

"No you don't. You don't love him. It's me who you love. You love me Dana! I left you so you'll realize that."

Her face softened. "Zayn I love you but only as a friend okay?"

"I don't believe you never desire of me even just once Dana. I know you do." I stop myself from yelling and continue to shook her so she'll wake up from her stupidity. Dana closes her eyes as if she's in pain before she pushed me again.

"Fine I did. Past tense. Not just once but a lot of times. But you're not like Luke--" she bit her lip before she could even finish and looked at me guiltily.

"So I'm not like Luke? That's it? What else?" I scowled at her.

"You asked me before, why I didn't choose you. It's the reason. You're not like Luke. He has dreams. He gave me everything. All the material things I needed. He was the reason I'm now a model. You know it's my dream right? He's open-minded, and......you're not." she avoided my gaze and stare at her shoes.

What? What does she mean by that? That I'm a loser? And what's with the open-minded thing?

"I can change! I'll work hard. I'll look for a permanent job. And I'm not what? Open-minded?" I asked her confused. How can she say that?

"You're conservative Zayn."

Huh? Wait.........

My eyes widens. "Are we talking about sex Dana?"

She sighed heavily. "Yes. We're... we are incompatible in that matter Zayn."

I can't believe we're having this conversation right now. I"m the one who should be saying all the thing she just said because I'm the guy here. And that's her reason? That stupid reason?

"But we never tried to do it. How can you say we're not compatible? And I respect you that's why I never asked you to do that."

"It's not just about sex Zayn!" Dana threw her hand in frustration. "You don't have a dream. You don't have a goal in life. Look at you. You graduated in college but you're here, a waiter? How can you support me if we get married? I have dreams Zayn. I'm ambitious." every word she said dig a hole in my heart. Why does it hurt to hear all of this from her?

"You sure about all of that?" I asked her in almost a whisper.

"Yes."

"What if you're wrong?"

"Zayn, I'm not." she let out an exasperated sigh as she run a hand to her long blonde hair. "Just forget about me and look for someone else. Just move on. There's a lot of girls out there who would appreciate you. The whole you. I'm not that girl Zayn." she reached for my hand and put it in her cheeks as she close her eyes.

"Dana, it's you that I love. I love you. How can you tell me to look for someone else?"

"Just wait. Then one day, you'll realize you have forgotten me." she kiss my cheeks. 

"And what if I can't forget about you?"

"Time heals all wounds." she mumbles before she walks away, leaving me more confuse than ever.

That's it? That all she can say after everything? Fuck my life!