Chapter 6 (Going Places)

Start from the beginning

The longer they struggled the more bored Subaru became, they just kept failing and struggling to understand the controls. They couldn't even beat the easy introductory course, it was however still entertaining to see them theorize what buttons did what and discuss the game mechanics.

Subaru eventually dozed off to sleep from boredom. Leaving Rem and Ram with no mentoring figure.

After a couple more minutes of struggle, Rem eventually felt like herself and Ram had reached a brick wall, and that Subaru must be awakened in order to give them guidance to their virtual quest.

"Nee-Sama, should we wake Subaru up and ask how to complete this level?"

Ram let out a scoff. "We don't need him, let him have his little sleep. I don't want to give him anymore of the satisfaction of being smarter than us at something." Ram said.

Without Subarus help it took them almost two whole hours to beat the easy introductory course on their own, but they finally did it. Celebrations were short-lived however, as it was made clear that there were more levels that needed to be completed.

Fortunately for them they were both starting to have a vague understanding of the controls and mechanics of the game, so they were able to beat the first puzzle more quickly then the introductory course.

Rem and Ram got about half way, until Subaru finally woke up and admired the progress they were able to make without his advice.

Subaru would continue to watch Rem and Ram communicate and coordinate with each other going late into the evening. To his surprise neither of them asked for help when he finally woke up, they seemed to have grasped how to play the puzzle game.

Though Subaru knew they still had difficulties when it came to some of the puzzles. He knew when they were struggling on something, but still neither of them asked him for help.

It was clear to Subaru they wanted to have the satisfaction of beating a game without Subaru holding their hand and helping them throughout the entire game.

On the bad side, it took them way longer to beat the puzzles. They took so long, it was very late at night until they finally finished the game and the endgame credits rolled.

"Well I got to say I am pretty impressed you guys beat that in one sitting" Subaru said while he was stretching his limbs.

"Barusu all it took was pure intelligence and good coordination skills, and unfortunately for you I don't think you possess either of those," Ram said.

"Subaru you should play with Rem next time. Me or Nee-Sama can teach you how to play it" Rem said happily and enthusiastically.

"Can we just call it a night and go to sleep?" Subaru asked.

"Yes we can go to sleep, goodnight Nee-Sama" Rem said.

She got up from the couch and started to make her way into the bedroom. She stumbled slightly from dizziness as blood started to rush back into her legs.

"Alright Ram, feel free to use whatever pillows or blankets are on the couch. Don't be alarmed if you hear the apartment door opening. That's just my parents returning home late" Subaru said.

"Why are they out so late, Barusu?"

"Probably got caught up in some extra curricular activities. They have a tendency to lose track of time. Anyways, do you want me to turn the lights off or would you like them on?"

"Do you think I'm a little girl that's afraid of the dark, Barusu? Also if you hear anything from Beatrice make sure to tell me. It's of utmost priority that I get back to Rosswal" Ram said.