Chapter 16

As he was walking over, suddenly Killua started to thump his hand on the table for some reason. Gon blinked, then realized he was probably doing it to the beat of whatever music he was listening to. "hey, can you please-" Gon stopped a young woman with blonde hair just short of touching Killua's shoulder as she was trying to tell Killua to stop. "sorry, he's not good with strangers" Gon said apologetically. "I'll do it" he put the sundae down and reached for his shoulder instead. "there once was a ship that put to sea~" Gon stopped, "the name of the ship was the billy of tea~" he continued. Gon's hand paused just above his shoulder, and he started to listen. The woman who had tried to get him to be quiet listened as well. " The winds blew up, her bow dipped down. O blow, my bully boys, blow~" he took a step back, leaving the sundae on the table. "She had not been two weeks from shore, When down on her a right whale bore. The captain called all hands and swore, He'd take that whale in tow~" he knows the words pretty well. "fuck where's my phone-" he glanced behind him, only for his eyes to widen in alarm when he saw like 8 people watching. Crap! Killua's gonna freak out- and that's when he realized that people were recording this.

You know what? He got his own phone out and started recording as well, he had a really good voice. "Soon may the Wellerman come, to bring us sugar and tea and rum. One day, when the tonguin' is done we'll take our leave and go." he looked over his shoulder again and there were twice as many people. This might be bad, but I know the song so I can catch him right before it ends. He thought, he hoped, he prayed. If I get this wrong he might have a panic attack. Part of him just wanted to keep listening, how hadn't he noticed how good at singing Killua was? It's like he excels at any form of art. Makeup, drawing, singing, he's pretty great at poems as well. So Gon listened, until he got to a verse he knew was near the end. " She had not been two weeks from shore, When down on her a right whale bore. The captain called all hands and swore, He'd take that whale in tow~." Gon quickly thought up a plan that would work and also not make him seem like an asshole in front of all these people.

"Soon may the Wellerman come, To bring us sugar and tea and rum. One day, when the tonguin' is done. We'll take our leave and go~" as the last verse came he quickly clicked to the next song on Killua's phone, then turned the music up a little. Killua's eyes opened, and he went to sit down in front of him. A few people cheered and stuff, some clapped, but he made sure Killua couldn't hear it. He stopped singing, and was about to turn off the music when Gon stopped him with a hand. He blinked in confusion over at Gon but Gon gave him a smile and handed him a spoon. Please just eat. Since Killua wasn't singing anymore, most people cleared off. He waited about five minutes until only three people were still there before turning off Killua's music. "why'd you make me keep my music on?" he asked. Gon sighed, "a lot of people were kind of watching you-" Killua's eyes widened and he glanced fearfully over his shoulder. "t-they were?"

Gon saw the woman with the blonde hair at the table next to them glance over and he bit his lip. "Killua they weren't watching you for bad reasons, everybody liked your voice" he looked back over at Gon with a confused expression. "m-my voice?" he opened his phone and plugged Killua's earbuds in. "listen, I took a video of it" he said, then slid the phone over to him. Killua clicked play, and at that moment the woman stood up and walked over. "Hey-" Killua jumped and hid behind Gon, who ruffled his hair a little. "shh, calm down" the woman paused for a second, that was when he noticed she had brown eyes. "oh sorry, I remember you saying he doesn't like strangers. My bad" oh yeah I did say that. Killua peeked over his shoulder and he gave him a smile. "well, my name's Hina" she started, and Gon looked back over to her. "oh, is there something you needed?" she smiled. "I just wanted to say that you have talent young man" he glanced back at Killua, who was still kind of nervous. "uh...mh...t-thanks?" he mumbled.

Killua wasn't used to people complimenting him, or being nice to him and stuff. He had no idea how to act right now, what if she was lying? "you could probably go big one day with a voice as good as yours" go...big? He frowned slightly, "huh?" Gon smiled over his shoulder at him. "she means you could get famous, and get lots of money" his eyes widened a little. I'm that good? Killua had watched some of the more famous makeup artists, they were really popular. You mean...people like it when I sing that much? And singing was something he enjoyed as well so... but that's not the problem. The problem is... he felt tears sting the corners of his eyes and he shoved his face into Gon's shoulder. "b-but what if mother finds me?" he mumbled. "I have a perfect solution, uh, sorry we have to get going" that last part was directed at Hina, who nodded. "yeah, sorry for bothering you" and then she left. Killua relaxed a little and released his firm grip on Gon's shoulders. She wasn't that scary I guess...

1002 words

To be continued...

Sorry this one is short, but I ran out of ideas and couldn't think of how to end it. Also I really wanted to do this scene :3