|72|No Hope (II)|

Začít od začátku

"She was attacked!?" I was so shocked.

 He heaved a loud sigh. "It would be better if she'll be the one telling you everything. It's not my place."

"Just tell me this one. She was attacked? When?" I didn't know why I wanted to dig it out. He didn't open his mouth and just stared at me with an obvious look. And it clicked.

"The night before her birthday? Right?" I asked with wide eyes. I still shuddered at that memory. That was the first time when I saw her so scared. The first time when I saw her crying. I clenched my eyes shut and yanked my hair frustratedly.

And some time again passed like that.

After a while, when I felt yanking my hair won't wake her up, and it definitely won't make my head stop hurting, I again leaned back against the wall.

"Will she die?" I didn't want to know the answer to this, but I couldn't stop it from coming out.

"Honestly, I don't know." He paused and shut his eyes, "But I pray she won't."

"But she can," I whispered, and even saying this possibility out loud made my heart sunk in my stomach, blocking my breath too. I shook my head violently and breathed out, "She won't die like that. I'll never forgive myself if she dies. I don't want her to die thinking that I want her out of my life. I don't... I swear to God I won't live without her... I can't... She... She has become my everything. Oh, God!" And by the end of it, I was again crying and yanking my hair.

Burak didn't say anything. I looked at him. He, too, had tears in his eyes. But he didn't say anything and looked away. He... He didn't want to give me false hopes. The thought made more silent tears fall out of my eyes.

"You should change your cloth and shower." He said after a while.

"I'm not going anywhere." My voice was hoarse.

"I'm not asking you to go anywhere. Asli has got clothes for all of us, yours in the waiting room and there's a tiny washroom too. You can take a shower there. Go, get yourself clean. You're looking like a psycho and my sister doesn't like people who stink that bad, that too covered in blood." I didn't get half of the things but his face and tone were not something up for argument.

Also, I did stink too. So I slightly nodded and stood up. My gaze went towards her room, my heart again sinking for the thousandth time as I made my way to the directed place.

In that room, there was Asli shouting in her earpiece. I noticed she had changed her clothes too from a girly dress to black pants and a white shirt, hair tied up in a high-tail, and a gun prominently tucked over her waist in the gun holder. She stopped talking when she saw me and gave me a pitiful smile. I didn't smile back. I just didn't feel like smiling.

I made my way towards the washroom while picking the shopping bag from the table. It was a nice little place to shower. I stripped out of my blood-covered clothes and stepped inside the shower. The warm water made me sigh as I closed my eyes and let the water gave my cold body some warmth.

After I was done, I changed into a pair of blue jeans and a black button-up shirt. If the situation was normal then I would have never wear that shirt, but now, I didn't even think twice before slipping into it. Then I stared at my face, my hair was wet sticking to my forehead, my eyes were bloodshot with slight eye bags due to lack of sleep and stress, and my face resembled a person who had lost every single precious thing of his.

It was... Dull. Lifeless. I closed my eyes and ran a hand through my hair to set them back.

When I exited the washroom, Rosalyn and others were also entering inside with some bags, which I presumed had food in them. She looked at me and came forward to hug me. I hugged her back and heaved a sigh.