|72|No Hope (II)|

Eric P.O.V

Empty.

Blank.

Pain.

And of course, a dreading silence.

There was just silence inside and outside. I felt like my heart wasn't beating, but it was throbbing in pain. I was scared, afraid of losing her, for forever. There was hope. The doctor said there was, but he was not sure. I felt like punching the wall until my hands bleed, but I wasn't doing that instead I kept on staring at her face.

I didn't dare to look away from her face. Even her mouth had that ventilator tube and its straps wrapped around her head. Her eyes had prominent dark circles. Her face was yellowish pale. She had lost too much blood. If her face could make my heart sunk, how would be I able to saw the other machines attached to her? I just couldn't take the sight in. There were just so many machines attached to her body.

My heart throbbed so badly. She seemed almost lifeless. It was all my fault. I asked her to leave my life. She came behind me in the forest and got shoot. It was so painful to saw her like that. It felt like my nightmare had come true.

I sighed and closed my eyes. Only I couldn't keep them close for so long. The sight of her being shot in front of my eyes had imprinted in my mind. It made me feel like I have lost a battle of my life. There was hope, but there was also no hope. 

I heard footsteps near me. I angled my head to look at two bulky guys that were coming in my direction. They had guns. I was alarmed as I straighten at my spot, but they quietly came and stood on both sides of her door. They didn't bother me. I understood they were here to guard her.

I moved away from the door since they both were standing there. I didn't want any nurse to come again and to again start blabbering about making the area crowded. I sat on a near bench and leaned my head against the wall. My eyes were still fixed on her door.

The clock kept on ticking. Minutes passed, changing them in hours. I didn't know how long it had been.

"Why didn't you go to the hotel? You should rest for a while." I was startled at his voice beside me.

I was just so lost. I didn't know when he came and sat beside me.

"Why didn't you go to the total? You need to rest, too." I told him as I looked at him. The bruises were still fresh on his face. And they looked painful enough to cringe. Only if I knew who he was then I wouldn't have beat him so bad.

"I can't leave her alone here." He whispered, leaning his head against the wall.

"Nor can I."

We sat there in silence until I decided to break it.

"I'm sorry for what happened earlier. I didn't know you're her cousin."

He slightly smiled in return as he said, "The reason why I didn't beat you."

"What do you mean?" I asked. Was he being sarcastic?

"I'm champion in kickboxing. If I wanted, I would have killed you. But she loves you and you make her happy. So, I didn't attack back. You didn't know anything and somehow it was my fault too. She wanted to tell you about her being a Kingston, but I stopped her." He paused to sigh heavily, "We knew something could happen anytime. It is all my fault. I was so careless to let her go alone behind you. I just caught up in the heat of the moment. I just saw in your eyes that how much you love her and I said her to go behind you and tell you everything. I... I didn't know it could turn out like that."

"You stopped her?" I just looked at him with a blank face.

"Yeah after the attack I tho..." I cut him off as I sat straight.