FOUR

Warnings: fluff, fighting, minor injuries, errors I missed.

It's been two days since you came to Charming and boredom started to set in.

Jax has been avoiding you, which part of you felt relieved while the other part of you was kind of hurt. It wasn't like you were in love with him. you just wanted to have a one-night stand with him, or casual sex with him to forget about Roman.

Your friend was on your back as well. Telling you to look for a job. Which caused a small argument. You weren't short on cash. Since you had a stack of cash in a duffle bag. But you knew she would ask questions. You didn't trust her since you knew she was dating a police officer; it was best if you kept her in the dark.

You let out a frustrated groan falling onto the bed. You didn't hear your friend come into the house. Nor hear her call out your name. your mind was swarming with a million thoughts. Roman invading your thoughts as well as Jax. Why was he avoiding you?

"Did you look for a job?" She asked you. leaning against the door frame. Her voice pulled you out of your thoughts. Rolling your eyes.

"No," You replied. Not looking at her. She let out a disappointed sigh.

"Y/n, as much as I love having you here, you do need to pull your weight, if you are going to stay here for a long time," She spoke.

"Why don't you apply for a pediatrician, there is a job at the hospital, and I know you would be great for it," She spoke.

"You know I can't apply for that job; they do background checks and you know Roman will find me," You grumbled out. And find out I'm still alive, you thought to yourself.

Your friend let out a heavy sigh.

"Y/n, you can't let Roman control your life," She huffed out. you sat up. Giving her an annoyed look.

"You don't get it, I can't, he isn't someone you want to mess with," You grumbled out. She just rolled her eyes at you.

"I'm sure your new bad boy will protect you then," She spat out bitterly. Turning around and storming off.

You let out a frustrated sigh. Getting up and grabbing your handbag. Putting your shoes on. Then storming out of the room and the house.

Just as you were about to unlock your car, you heard the second of a bike hit the ground as well as a child cry.

Your head immediately looked in the direction of the sound. Seeing a child that looked like he was five years old, laying on the ground. You quickly rushed over to him. Taking the bike off of him.

"Hey, little man, you had a big fall," You spoke in a soft soothing voice.

His eyes filled with tears stared up at you. Lip quivering.

You quickly observed his injuries. Only finding scratches. Taking out the band-aids and antiseptic.

"This is going to sting, but at least you get cool band-aids on your scratches," You spoke in a soothing voice. Showing him the band-aids with a cool pattern. He smiled at them.

You quickly cleaned the few scratches on his knees, then put the band-aids on. all the while talking to him.

"Where's your mum or dad?" You asked. Helping him up. He pointed to a house.

Making you turn to look. You saw Jax standing in the driveway watching the scene.

Of course, this was his kid. You smiled at him, while he smiled back at you.

You guided the little kid up the driveway. Bringing the bike with you.

"Thanks y/n," Jax spoke.

"It's alright, I should go," You replied. Smiling down at the little boy. He smiled up at you.

"Look, y/n, I wasn't ignoring you, I just had to take care of a few things," Jax spoke.

"It's alright," You spoke. Smiling at him though it didn't reach your eyes and Jax noticed.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Generally concerned.

"It's nothing really just a fight with my friend," You sighed.

"About me?" He joked. Trying to make you laugh. You rolled your eyes.

"No, she wants me to get a job, but I can't because I know that it would lead to a background check on me and then my ex will find me," You sighed out.

Jax grabbed a cigarette. Lighting it up and taking a drag. An idea popping into his mind.

"Why don't you babysit my kids?" He proposed.

"Really?" You asked in a surprised voice.

"Yeah, I could protect you if your ex comes looking for you and I won't run a background check on you, plus I get to see more of you, and Abel already likes you," Jax spoke. Making you smile.

"Okay," You responded. Making Jax smirk...