"Where is he?" Angelica ignored them and tightened her grip on Noah.

"Where is who?"

Noah gritted his teeth. He had no idea who she was referring to. He had only wanted to ask if she was alright. But somehow, this was how things escalated to.

Right then, Noah noticed something. It was the scent of someone he knew. He automatically surmised that he had to keep his captor distracted.

"Chirpy! I'm talking about Chirpy! Where are you hiding him?" Angelica roared. 

She had reached the end of her patience, not that there were any left in the first place. The blue dog was being annoying.

"Is this Chirpy a rabbit by any chance?" Noah glanced sideways. He was seeking the right moment to jump.

"No. Chirpy's not a rabbit. He's a...."

As she spoke, Angelica pushed Noah forward in full force. She turned around at the speed of light and caught the hand that was about to strike her in the back of the neck.

"...wolf"

It was Raeden in his wolf form. He had sneaked up from behind in an attempt to make her unconscious. But didn't expect her to catch him.

"Don't" Angelica narrowed her eyes and spoke in a threatening voice,

"Even think about it"

Raeden and Angelica stood staring into each other from inches away.

"..."

"..."

There was one thing the Nero mercenaries had not anticipated.

Their opponent may not be a beastman but her instincts were just as sharp as theirs.

Angelica might have been caught last time due to the effect of the pollen in her system. But now that she was aware of her surroundings. There was nothing stopping her.

"Woah" 

Bea applauded with wide eyes, completely invested in the dynamic. She too was part of the audience that was watching in awe.

Silence filled the atmosphere.

Noah, who had safely landed after the throw along with everybody else, was biting their nails in anticipation.

Disappointingly just as they thought it would get more interesting, someone stepped in.

"Let him go"

"Hmm"

Angelica tilted her head and looked behind Raeden.

Wriggling his pink nose, a greyish-white fluffy figure slowly made his way near her.

"Let him go" Eugene repeated again.

After observing him for a moment, Angelica let go of Raeden's hand and moved aside from him.

With her arms open wide she took a step forward and called in a calm voice,

"Come here"

Eugene gulped as he passed by Raeden. And just as he got near her.

"!"

Angelica pulled him into a tight hug and buried her face in his soft hair.

It seemed as if she was snuggling into a large teddy bear.

""That's it?"" The twins asked in unison.

They had to endure being almost strangled and kicked in the face. Yet it took Eugene only a hug to calm her down.