Part twenty-three

Irene groaned as she pulled on a t-shirt, she didn't mean to oversleep, it just happened. It wasn't like she hit her alarm in the morning so she could get a few extra minutes of sleep but forgot to get up, or that she had school over 30 minutes ago and didn't want to go. Irene was tired from last night's practice, even though they didn't play she was just exhausted worrying about her coach, well her uncle. She ran down the hallway quick footed, and down the stairs making her 35 minutes late.

The door barged open just as Miss Mackay started talking and Irene fumbled through the door.

"Sorry I'm late, I got stuck in the elevator again." She lied but Miss Mackay didn't need to know that. Irene heard Dean let out a laugh but stopped when she glared at him.

Michele Mackay nodded and returned to teaching once Irene sat down.

Amongst to Irene knowing, Dean watched as she sat in her chair noticing that her pants were pjs and it looked like she just woke up and rushed down. Her socks were two different colours, her shoes weren't even untied and her hair messily thrown up.

The day went on like any other, school, practice then some time before curfew, like usual Connie and Julie went to the mall and asked if Irene wanted to tag along. Of course she said yes and joined up.

The food court, even though it was late, was still buzzing with people. The three girls sat down at a table near a burger place.

"So, how's guy?" Irene asked, genuinely curious more than anything. She knew her and guy were spending a lot more time together.

"Good, how's-" Connie tried to say but Irene interrupted  her.

"Don't even think about asking how's Dean."

"I wasn't, I was going to ask how's Caleb." Connie told her.

"Oh." She closed her eyes and mentally groaned, "You know the usual, asks me on a date then ghosts me and seems like he fell off the face of the planet."

Both girls pretended to look shocked at what Irene said. Connie didn't trust him and Julie could have sworn he tried flirting with her even with Irene close by.

"Did you know Dean said he saw Caleb kissing another girl? Can you believe how low he could be? Lying and making stuff up about Caleb just because he doesn't like him." She ranted angrily.

"Have you thought that there might be a reason he doesn't like Caleb?" Julie said softly not wanting to upset Irene.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean he doesn't like you and Caleb together and seems jealous when Kai is around..."

"I think what Julie is saying and failing is that have you ever thought of the possibility of Dean liking you?"

Irene bursted out laughing.

"Really funny. Dean. Liking me ha. Not to mention I don't like him. He disgusts me."

"Mhmm sure. I obsess and talk about people who disgust me all the time too." Julie told her.

"I don't talk about him all the time!" Irene said defensively.

"You kind of do."

"This whole time we've been here you've brought up Dean multiple times." Connie added.

"Oh Dean likes that band. Oh that's Dean's favorite colour. Dean this Dean that." Connie mocked but had a smile on her face so Irene knew she was joking

"I do not sound like that!"

"When will you figure out Dean cares for you?"

Irene just grumbled and rolled her eyes.

"You're too stubborn, you know that? When will you finally admit you guys both like each other." Connie told Irene.
————————————————————————
Word count: 612

Do you want shorter and more chapters or do you guys want a chapter every couple weeks that's about a 1000 words long? Let me know and I'll try to make them longer or shorter depending what happens.

Sorry bout the slow update I had hockey tryouts and school plus a lot of homework but now I got some motivation back so that's good. Only a couple more chapters to go.

Have a duckie day