Part nine

"Hey! Who stole my stick?" Irene yelled, shutting her locker door.

Everyone in the locker room shrugged. Eyes glanced around. Irene then saw a glint of yellow tape and trudged over to where dean was standing.

"Give me back my stick."

"I don't know what you're talking about." He laughed.

She glared at the boy who was leaning against his locker and looked to her friend.

"Fulton?" She knew her best friend would tell her.

"Locker." Fulton told her as Dean sent him a glare.

She opened the unlocked locker and grabbed her stick back.

"Fucker." She muttered under her breath when a hint of fiery red hair caught her attention.

Kai Peterson looked around the room wondering if he got the right locker when he saw his friend walk angrily from a tall teen holding her stick in hand.

"Kai?"

He waved at the girl who dropped her stick and was now jogging towards him.

Irene engulfed him in a hug which he gladly returned.

"You came!" She said, letting him go.

"I promised, didn't i?"

Irene sat on the bench getting her skates on with Kai sitting next to her.

"Coach is going to be annoyed that you're here," She paused, "What are you doing here anyway?" Irene questioned the older teen next to her.

"I wanted to wish you good luck."

Dwayne Robertson finished putting on his helmet and walked over to where Irene was.

"Hey cowboy, what's up?"

"I was wondering if you had any tape." Of course that wasn't the real reason he walked over there. He was curious as to who was in their locker.

"I'm Kai Peterson." Kai said standing up.

"Dwayne Robertson."

Irene dug through her bag as the two boys talked and found some hockey tape for the top of his stick.

"Hope you like yellow."

Irene sat on the bench tired from playing as her team skated on the ice.

"Gordon Bombay looks to have his team well in control here. They lead six to nothing." The announcer says as Connie skated with the puck before scoring.

"Whoo! Go Connie!" Irene yelled for her new friend.

Since sharing a dorm together they have gotten closer, being able to talk about boys and shoppin. Something Irene hadn't been able to do in a long time since she always had guy friends.

"Yeah, high five some more man, my little brother could score on these guys." A kid from the stand said to Jesse, making him annoyed.

"Why don't you bother him then!"

"Ha ha. I ain't even got a little brother."

Irene sent him a glare before the Coach put her and Jesse out on the ice.

"Show me you want it, son!" Gordon Bombay said to Jesse as he left the bench.

"Yeah! Show me you want it Son." The kid mocke the coach before he turned around and looked at the boy.

Irene skated with the puck dodging a Trinidad player before passing it to jesse. He made it past the blue line and almost to the goal before a player knocked him down sending Jesse flying straight into the crease.