Part ten

Irene O'Callahan was half asleep from interviews and winning the game. She shut her eyes when she heard loud music playing from the hallway.

Connie groaned and pulled a pillow over her head.

"Irene, your friends with Fulton right?" Julie yawned.

The girl groaned realizing what she wanted and rolled out of bed. Her feet shuffled around as she felt for the door knob, not wanting to turn on the lights.

Irene made her way to the dorm that was across the hall. She yawned and knocked on the door.

Irene didn't mind the music in fact she liked the song they put on but she knew the other girls couldn't sleep with it blasting so she knocked again when they didn't answer.

Dean, who heard the knocking, stopped rocking out and went to open the door.

He raised an eyebrow at the girl's glare which over the weeks he came accustomed to.

"It's 12am."

"So?" He asked.

"So do you mind turning it down?" She said getting annoyed.

"No can do sleeping beauty."  And with that he shut the door in her face and walked back to bed.

She knocked on the doorway again which he opened.

"Turn the music down."

"You didn't say please."

She snorted then batted her eyelashes, "Oh Dean why can you please turn the music down." Irene said in a sarcastic voice.

"Thanks babe." Dean said before walking away to the stereo.

"Better?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

Irene sent him a glare before saying goodnight to Fulton.

"Why isn't it moving?" Dean muttered.

The two teens had been trapped in an elevator for the past 5 minutes since someone decided to press all the buttons.

"How am I supposed to know? Do I look like an elevator mechanic?" Irene shouted, getting frustrated.

He continued to press buttons in hope of making the elevator move again.

"Quit."

"Why, are you scared?" He teased.

"We are going to be late." She said, avoiding the question. "Would you just stop Portman!"

"You're scared."

"No I'm not!" Irene hissed.

"So what if I pushed this." He hovered his hand above a blinking red button and noticing the girl's glare he pushed it.

One could say he did it to push her buttons. To annoy her. He liked seeing her mad, how her eyebrows furrowed and her glare that could kill.

As his finger hit the button the elevator shook and fell down a few inches rattling the passengers inside.

Irene was pushed against Dean who was  too close for comfort.

"Wow, falling for me already?" He whispered.

Irene quickly pulled herself away holding onto the railing. Her breath quickened as she realizes she was indeed trapped, she felt sweat form on her palms as her knuckles turned white.

Meanwhile Dean tried prying the doors open but with no luck.

"Just push- no not that one. Pry the door Dean."

"What do you think I have been trying to do!" He snapped.

Irene began attempting to open the elevator by throwing her body at the door. Her shoulder hit the elevator wrong but she ignored it.

They were going to be late and she wa trapped in an elevator.

"It's fine, you're fine." Irene muttered under her breath.

She was mid giving up and was starting to let tears fall when they heard a ding and the door opened.

Standing in front of the door was an old lady, most likely here for grandkid. She looked at the two teens as Irene bolted, hockey bag in hand.

They were late. Coach Bombay was finishing warmups and was giving a speech about beating Italy when the two teens arrived out of breath from running down a flight of stairs as quick as they could.

"Sorry coach..." Irene panted, out of breath. "Somebody had to go jam the elevator." She glared at Dean, something she was doing a lot.

"Oh now it's my fault?" He questioned raising his voice.

"Yeah it is! You pushed the button." She said skating closer to the teen.

"You got on the elevator!"

Their faces were mere inches apart as they argued.

Coach blew his whistle at the two teens, making them wince at the loud noise.

"You two. Laps now." He said harshly.

Slowly he was letting the game get to his head. Sleek hair, tan suit, a large whistle that hung around his neck and that stone cold stare.

"How many?" Dean asked the coach.

"As many as it takes for you to calm down."

Irene scrunched up her nose but did what he said. She skated off with Dean close.

Before he could pass her, she skated by shredding ice in his face as she did so.

The crowds cheer as Goldberg saves a shot made by Italy. Team USA was dominating 6 to nothing.

"Have no fear Goldberg is here!" Goldberg shouted from the crease as Irene laughed.

"Hey, man, there was nothing on that. How about a real shot?".

She skated back to her position but not before she heard what Goldberg said.

"Uh, how do you say in Italiano, ''wussy?" He asked a huge Italian player.

Irene watched as the other player pushed Goldberg and the ref had to break it up.

Irene skated with the puck but was checked from the side into the boards.

She got up feeling a sore shoulder but shook it off and skated after the puck. Dean checked the player before he could make it up the ice into the boards, giving the puck to the winger who passed to her friend.

He shot and scored as everyone ducked out the way like normal.

Coach Gordon Bombay was impressed with how his team was doing. The wins felt great too.

Irene skated over to her friend and hit their sticks together, something they did since they were kids.

"Good shot Fulton." She said, hitting him on the helmet as they skated back to the bench.

————————————————————————

Word count: 995