10

Lauren, Steve and Sam head into the city to "borrow" a certain agent.

"Yes, sir?" Jasper asks as he answers his phone.

"Agent Sitwell, how was lunch? I hear the crab cakes here are delicious?, Sam says.

"Who is this?" Jasper asks.

"The good-looking guy in the sunglasses, your 10 o'clock. Your other 10 o'clock. There you go", Sam says then raises his drink as if to tell Jasper it's him.

"What do you want?" Jasper asks.

"You're gonna go around the corner to your right. There's a gray car two spaces down. You and I are gonna take a ride," Sam says.

"And why would I do that?" Jasper asks.

"Because that tie looks really expensive, and I'd hate to mess it up," Sam says.

A red dot appears on Jasper's chest. He thinks it's a gun, but it's really Lauren using a laser pointer she got from a pet store for $1.

 He thinks it's a gun, but it's really Lauren using a laser pointer she got from a pet store for $1

Once Jasper heads to the car, Lauren grabs him and teleports them to the roof. Steve shoves Jasper onto the floor.

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm," Steve says.

Jasper stands up, putting his glasses on as he backs up.

"Never heard of it," Jasper says.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve asks.

"I was throwing up. I get seasick," Jasper says.

Lauren and Steve keep walking towards him and Jasper keeps walking back. Jasper hits the edge of the roof and almost falls off. Steve catches him and holds him up by his shirt.

" Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers."

Steve lets go.

"You're right. It's not. It's hers," Steve says.

Lauren uses her right leg and kicks Jasper off the side of the building. Sam grabs Jasper before he hits the ground and throws him back on the roof. Sam lands on the roof and retracts his wings.

Steve and Lauren walk up to Jasper, but he holds his hand up before they get any closer.

"Zola's algorithm is a program for choosing Insight's targets," Jasper says.

"What targets?" Steve asks.

"You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Under Secretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA. Now, or in the future," Jasper says.

"In the future? How could it know?" Steve asks, causing Jasper to laugh.

"How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores! Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future," Jasper says.

"And what then?" Steve asks.

"Oh, my God. Pierce is gonna kill me," Jasper says.

"What then?" Steve asks as he takes a step forward.

"Then the Insight helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time."

After they feel satisfied with their information, they head back to the car. Sam drives, Steve's in the passengers seat and Lauren and Jasper are in the back.

"HYDRA doesn't like leaks," Jasper says.

"Then why don't you try sticking a cork in it?" Sam asks.

"Insight's launching in 16 hours. We're cutting it a little bit close here," Lauren says.

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly," Steve says.

"What? Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea," Jasper says.

And then someone lands on the roof.