21. Wrongful Arrest

Depuis le début

"Yeah, yeah, I smell it, too." Maya agreed as well.

"Could be a gas leak," Jack suggested. Maya nodded.

"Check it out, Gibson," Maya ordered him.

"Yeah." Jack agreed, walking off to go knock on the door to investigate the suspicious smell.

"Like hell. This is my scene." Schneider said.

"Wow, this man seems like an actual douche-bag," Maddie muttered to her mom who was stood close by.

"Mads, just go back and sit on the hood of Travis car please kiddo?" Maya asked. Maddie sighed but did as she was told, moving to walk back over to the car and sit on the hood of it as she overheard the conversation, "Sure. It's your scene. I don't care about jurisdiction. We're dealing with a possible gas leak here. I'm gonna call it into my station, and if we're right, I'm gonna need you to secure this area... Simple as that." Maya said moving to grab her phone while Schnieder radioed for backup.

"We need backup at 10th Avenue and Newland, please... Immediately." Schneider said. Maddie scoffed as she overheard it all and shook her head at the officer.

"Seattle Fire Department. We're investigating a possible gas leak." Jack said as she knocked on the door and the man answered it.

"Schneider, are you gonna get these people out of here or not?" The guy asked the officer irritated as he stood in his doorway.

"That man took our daughters!" Joyce jumped in from behind Dean.

"I don't know anything about any daughters!" The man denied.

"Where are our girls?!" Sharon yelled.

"Your kid probably ran away to get away from you. Get off my property!" The man continued to yell as Sharon tried to budge her way into his house.

"Okay, okay, okay," Wicklund said as he guided Joyce away, "Hey, ma'am, ma'am, listen. If you want to file a missing-persons report, you can come with me." Wicklund said.

"No, I'm not going anywhere! My daughter is in that house, and I have to get her out!" Joyce shouted.

"I understand..." Wicklund said.

"Would you please just do your jobs?!" Joyce shouted to PD as she got upset.

"Ma'am, you need to calm... down," Schneider said.

"She absolutely does not need to calm down!" Dean said as there was the sound of glass shattering and they can see flames that look like they are coming from the basement window and they all shouted in surprise.

"Stay back, stay back!" Dean said as they headed over to look where the fire was coming from. "That is more than a gas leak," He said.

"This is our scene now. 19!" Maya said.

Maddie continued to sit on the hood of the car when she saw the flames from the house and she ran over to her mom.

"What happened?" Maddie asked worried.

"Maddie I really need for you to stay well out of the way, go stand by Travis's car, alright?" Maya asked. Maddie huffed and shook her head.

"No, I want to help." Maddie stubbornly said.

"Gibson, call it in. Hughes, uh, power and electric." Maya started to delegate the tasks as she took over the scene. "Maddie, please, just do as your told." Maya pleaded with her daughter.

"Jada?!" Joyce continued to shout as she ran towards the house.

"Montgomery, get some water on it," Maya said as the team all ran into action. Maddie continued to stand beside her mom as she was delegating her team.