07

Chapter 7 | Saved

[Namjoon]

It was getting harder and harder to breathe. It was like I could physically feel my heartbeat slow down. But I did everything I could to stay awake. My eyelids were heavy and I was struggling to open my eyes but I wanted to know how Hoseok was doing. Yoongi hyung was holding my hand tightly, occasionally giving me a squeeze as if to warn me to not fall asleep. It was hard, but I managed to keep my eyes open.

I could hear the fighting. It was muffled but I could see Yoongi hyung's ear twitch, with every small noise. Then all of a sudden there was a loud alarm. It was so loud that it shook me awake and I became more alert than before. It was muffled but there was definitely someone speaking through a mic or something. My ears twitched.

"If I may. You are all under arrest for the participation in an illegal hybrid fighting ring. I have the paper right here. Now, I'm legally supposed to tell you that everything you say can and will be used against you in court and that you have the right to a lawyer and if you can't afford one, one will be provided for you and blah, blah, blah, but you all know that, right?"

The words were muffled but it was clear as day.

My eyes went to Yoongi hyung. His eyes were wide, but he wasn't looking at me. He was staring in the direction of the fighting ring. I could see tears welling up in his eyes and his hand gripped mine tightly. There were no words being exchanged between us, but we knew. We knew that everything was going to get better from here. Even though we might face hardships, we were going to get over them together. The future was limitless. My slowing heart started beating faster. 

The doors to our hell opened and a bunch of humans and hybrids in tactical gear came rushing in. They went straight for the humans who were in the AS Company and arrested them. It went without much trouble for the most part. There were a few workers who tried to fight back, but the weapons and the gears that our rescuers had were too much for them to go against.

From behind the humans and hybrids in tactical gear, were other humans and hybrids who were wearing some sort of jumpsuit. It was purple in colour with the word HYBE on the left side just above their hearts. He looked to be a ferret hybrid and someone who was higher up in the hierarchy of the group who came in. He had a human woman next to him and they both began to look over the hybrids. 

"Over here!" Yoongi hyung suddenly yelled. "My mate! He needs help! Please!"

Hearing Yoongi hyung's cries for help, the other hybrids with us began crying for help as well. It seemed like forever but, the ferret hybrid made his way over to us. His eyes grew wide when he saw my injuries.

"Oh shit," he breathed. "Jennie, get Y/N."

Without much argument, the human named Jennie rushed out of the dark room and back in the direction of the fighting ring. I could only guess that this Y/N was the leader of her team. It felt like time stopped when a soft scent that was incredibly sweet and alluring. It was more alluring than any of the scents of my mates. It blanketed me and comforted me, almost lulling me to sleep.

My eyes flickered over to Yoongi hyung and I could see his eyes dilate and was focused on something or someone. I turned my head to the source of the scent as well as Yoongi hyung's eye line to see the most beautiful person I had ever seen.

Our eyes locked. She let out a gasp. I was slightly annoyed that her gasp was one of pure terror. Was she afraid of me? I guess I look terrible with my fresh scars that are probably all over my body and dried blood that's painting me.

"Do you mind if I come in?" Her voice was soft and bell-like. It wasn't rough or harsh but the only word I could think of was clear and beautiful. I followed her eye line and saw that she was speaking to Yoongi hyung, who only nodded as he continued to stare at her.

She carefully opened the cage door and joined us inside the cage. I wanted to jump over and hold her in my arms and keep the other hybrids and humans from looking at her, but I didn't want to scare her. No more than I already have. She started talking in some medical terms that I wasn't familiar with to the ferret hybrid. I hadn't noticed that I was growling until she looked at me strangely. I quickly stopped and closed my eyes, trying my best to calm myself.

When her hands touched my skin, it was like ice. Not an uncomfortable cold that could freeze me but a welcoming cold that soothed my burning skin, like water in the middle of a heatwave.

"This is going to hurt, but I don't have time to put you under anesthetics," she explained.

I nodded. "Can you just keep talking?" I couldn't help but ask. "Your voice is very calming."

"Of course," she said with a smile that seemed to light up the entire room. She placed what seemed to be a cloth on my wounds. It burned. I clenched my fist causing Yoongi hyung to come over and place my hands on his. "My name is Bang Y/N. I'm with the Hybe Hybrid Rescue Centre. We are a group that works to free hybrids that are in illegal fighting rings and illegal sex rings. We learned about the AS Company a few years ago, but it took us months before gathering enough evidence before we were able to raid the place." She went on and on about the company that she was with. 

I focused on her voice rather than the pain from whatever she was doing to my cuts.  I wanted to learn more about her and not this Hybe. I could care less about Hybe. I wanted to know about her.

"There. That's all I can do here. I have to take a closer look at the centre," she said with a small smile. "Hyunjin, the ferret hybrid, will give you both a jumpsuit to put on. We're going to escort you to our facility where I need to take a closer look at your health as well."

Those were the last words she said before moving on to look at Yoongi hyung's scars and treating them before moving over to the other hybrids in the room with us. I wanted to grab onto her hand and keep her near me, but I knew I couldn't force anything. Even if I was fairly certain she was my mate, as a human, she wouldn't and couldn't fully understand what that meant to hybrids. I was willing to take things slowly to make sure the rest of my pack and I wouldn't scare her away.

Sorry for the late update!