chapter; twenty two.

after waiting for awhile, wonwoo finally showed up. wonwoo let out a deep sighs before entering the café.

he take the sat without even looking at mingyu.

"are you okay?" mingyu worriedly asks this the first thing as he saw wonwoo doesn't looks well.

"why?" wonwoo response, looking at him with a blank expression.

and that make mingyu feels even more unusual.

"im just worried. did something happened? you can tell me everything, alright?" mingyu asks again with his soft and worries tone. he keeps looking and checking on wonwoo if he is okay.

wonwoo still looking at him straightly before he speaks "you're actually good at acting, huh, kim mingyu?"

mingyu quickly looked at him in a confusion. he doesn't get what wonwoo said but why does it feels so cold...in his heart?

"what do you mean?" mingyu asked. he feels so scared at this moment and he doesn't know why but he doesn't have a good feeling when wonwoo acting like this.

"do you still want to act at this moment?" wonwoo takes a deep breath before he continues "i never expected it to be like this, i trusted you too much, too much that i never thought i could be a thing to you stupid bet." wonwoo spitted out everything but just as how much he thought of it, the pain he gets is exactly the same. and that make him questioning himself is he love mingyu that much? the pain he gets this time is even more comparing to what he have went through.

mingyu's heart dropped the moment he heard what wonwoo said. his fear finally come and it comes at the scariest way he could expected of.

"won..wonwoo ah..." mingyu is speechless, he doesn't know what to says when this comes in the most unexpected way. he feels like he's falling into some dark room that makes him feels so lonely right now.

"is that true?" wonwoo asked, trying his best to hold that drops of tears that is fighting to comes out of his eyes.

why is there a feeling in his heart that is hoping he would deny it? that he would believe it right away if he would just say no. but why is he staying silent...

"i-im..." mingyu stuttered. what would he do? he can't lie to him, he can't. but he will lose him if he admit...and that's what he afraid of.

"so that's true." that's it. there can't be a lying here. he never thought of this but how could he probably still have a feeling for sunwoo, his long last love so what is he expecting? he feels even more dumb now right at this moment.

mingyu looked down, he doesn't even dare to face wonwoo at this moment, because he can't, he really can't bring himself to face him.

"im sorry" he said it in the lowest tone. the guilt that he has right now is too high.

wonwoo mockingly laughing at himself, he couldn't spit a word, the only thing he want to do now is to not facing the person infront of him. staying next to him make it even more painful

"was it a lie all these times...yeah i was too blind"

"but wonwoo, i love you and that was never a lie" mingyu raised his head, facing wonwoo while trying to express his feelings towards him.

"you're expecting me to believe that at this point, huh?"

"i mean it. i can't lie about my feeling to you, wonwoo." mingyu trying to convince him to listen to him. he is right, it was a lie but it was only in the beginning and the feeling he have and spent with him was never a lie.

"mingyu." wonwoo said making mingyu looked at him again, trying his best to focus, hoping he would give him a chance to explain.

"let's never see each other again."

mingyu's heart dropped once again hearing those words from wonwoo, something that he's afraid of the most. he doesn't know it but somehow, his heart feels like it was break in to pieces but he couldn't do anything about it, it was clearly his fault in the first place. he was the one who messed up everything.

he shouldn't have started this...he shouldn't.

the conversation went silent for quite a while before wonwoo decided to go back. but just when he turned himself to the door, he suddenly feel a hand slowly grabbing his hand. it feels like he doesn't want to let him.

"can we not do this? can you let me explain, please?" mingyu mumbled while keeping his face down, still grabbing to wonwoo's hand.

wonwoo just wanted to burst into tears at this moment but he doesn't want that to happen, it will only bring him more pain and he clearly know it.

because his heart was never belong to him. never in the first place.

he shake his hand of off mingyu's hand without saying anything as he tends to walk away, it looks like he doesn't feel anything for him anymore but little does that guy know, the moment he step out the door, his tears starting to flows down uncontrollably that he couldn't act like he's strong anymore.

__________________________

"mingyu ah!" minghao shout out when he finally see him after running around looking for him when he first he saw the news, as well as vernon coming along.

"there you are." minghao said with his out of breath voice, he started catching his breath before having a full conversation with him.

"what are you doing here?" mingyu asked, he hasn't even tell them about what's going on, they couldn't be here because of that.

"haven't you see the post on the school's communication???" he said while quickly checking on the post before handing it to him.

mingyu looked confused as to what happened but he still took the phone and check it.

"it is the top post on the community right now but we don't know who posted the video since they used an anonymous account." vernon explained, he looked at mingyu worriedly.

"i know who is it." he sighed.

"but... what about wonwoo? what if he see this? you talked to him, right?" minghao asked.

"the whole school is already talking about this" he added.

mingyu sighed once again before telling what was happened to them.

the two of them looked at him quietly. "are you okay?" vernon asked.

mingyu nodded as he smiled, a forcing smile. "yeah, this day would still come anyway."