For unknown reasons, the women must have crawled through the grasslands while inhaling a toxic amount of pollen in the process. Driven by hallucinations, she coincidentally wandered off to where Eugene was in the forest.

Under the influence of the hallucinogenic pollen, she mistook Eugene for someone she knew, possibly a child, and tried to kidnap him?

But instead passed out from exhaustion (fabricated fact). And to save her life the Nero mercenaries brought her to the village.

"Why not bring her to the guild clinic?" Bea interrupted Eugene,

"Not that I don't want you to. I'm always happy to see a new face"

The reason they brought the girl to the Nero village instead of taking her to the guild clinic was because the healers were not skilled enough to cure pollen poisoning of this degree.

So they came home where the only person with enough skills and experience was present.

The end.

"Bring her to the backroom" Gordon gestured to Raeden.

He checked the girl's pulse. To his surprise, her pulse was stable and there were no problems with her breathing. He took a seat next to the bed and started checking any possible injuries sustained during the fall.

That was when Gordon noticed that the left side of her head was swollen red. 

'Most probably caused by the fall'

Aside from that, there were no other external injuries.

"Hmm..." Gordon fell into thought.

The main concern was the pollen in her system. Small amounts of pollen may not be a problem. But a lethal dose could turn a person crazy or in worst cases could result in death.

"Melina..." Gordon called his daughter,

"Bring a few cleansing incenses and my medicine kit"

Fortunately, the girl did not seem to have any problems. Her body was fighting against the toxins quite effectively. Given a few hours, she would wake up without any complications.

"To be honest, it's a miracle she is even still breathing" Gordon spoke as he removed the gloves,

"The amount she took is enough to knock out a grown beastman. Yet this human girl survived. She's a fighter"

"Is she ok?" Raeden stood by the entrance beside Eugene, waiting to hear Gordon's diagnosis. 

They stayed behind after sending Jade and the twins to submit the plant to the guild on behalf of the girl. Since it was an urgent request, they surmised that the guild might need it sooner.

"She's fine. I have treated her head injury. The incense will help her heal faster"

"But it's been six hours. Why isn't she waking up?"

Right then, Bea came inside the room with a bowl of water,

"She's just sleeping. She'll wake up when her body recovers from the stress accumulated by the hallucinations"

Having studied under Gordon for the past few months, Bea was grooming into the next doctor in the village. She concocted medicine for the swelling and wrapped the girl's head with bandages.

The incense placed under the bed would accelerate the healing while helping relieve stress. 

The only thing left was to wait for the time to pass.

"Eugene..." Gordon turned towards Eugene with a grin.

"?" Eugene frowned.

It was time to discuss the most important matter at hand.