2021

Joy is making her comeback as an actress

Joy is making her comeback as an actress. Her last drama, Tempted, was aired in 2018. Although Sungjae assured her that he understands that it's just work, Joy decided not to accept any drama that would require her to be romantic with her partner. She doesn't want a repeat of what happened with Dohwan and risk jeopardizing her relationship with Sungjae. But she couldn't pass the chance to work with Bae Suzy. The drama, being of a romantic-comedy kind that doesn't require passionate kissing scenes, is a bonus.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

CUBE confirmed that they have received many offers for Sungjae to do a drama once he is discharged from the army

CUBE confirmed that they have received many offers for Sungjae to do a drama once he is discharged from the army. They sent five scripts for him to choose from, each one with a different genre. It was all good, but Sungjae was leaning towards the one with Seo Inguk as a possible co-star. It was a light drama-comedy, which is the kind that he prefers. And it has always been Sungjae's dream to work with Seo Inguk on a project ever since he met him when BTOB was just starting out. He just hope that the other casts would be just as amicable as he is.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Two weeks after Sungjae's discharge, he is now attending the press conference for his new drama with Seo Inguk, Bae Suzy and, to his delighted surprise, Joy

Two weeks after Sungjae's discharge, he is now attending the press conference for his new drama with Seo Inguk, Bae Suzy and, to his delighted surprise, Joy.  During one of their video calls, she told him of her return to acting and he was thrilled for her.  He in turn, mentioned to Joy that he is also considering doing a drama after his discharge.  Neither of them knew that they were talking about the same project and that they'll be acting opposite each other.  Not that they are complaining.  Sungjae is playing the role of Inguk's brother, while Joy is Suzy's sister.  The story revolves around the brothers who are internet cafe owners and the sisters who owns a bake shop.  The trouble started when both duo opened shop beside each other and how they tried to outdo each other in marketing gimmicks in order to attract customers, but ended up helping each other when a crooked businessman tried to sabotage their businesses to take over the location.

The presscon centered on the drama and how the cast, who are working together for the first time, thinks about working with each other.  When the host thanked the reporters who came, signalling the end of the presscon, the four main actors stood up to leave.  But before they can vacate their seats, one reporter raised his hand and addressed Sungjae and Joy who were sitting next to each other.  "I hope you will allow this last question as this is unrelated to the drama, but I'm sure everyone is dying to know the truth," he said, then continued when Joy and Sungjae both nodded their ascent.  "Thank you. So, fans had been shipping the two of you ever since you did the Super Concert VCR back in 2016. But we have never actually seen any direct interaction between you. That is, until last year when, a day before Sungjae enlisted, you were seen coming out of a restaurant. But both your agencies did not issue a statement about it, so we were left hanging. I guess what I want to ask is, are you two officially dating even before this?" he finished.

Joy smiled at Sungjae.  Without a word, Sungjae smilingly took Joy's hand, then gently pulled her up.  Intertwining her fingers with his, he kissed her knuckles, clearly showing their couple ring to everyone.  Almost immediately, cameras started flashing with every photographer trying to zoom in on their linked hands.  "I guess that answers your question," the host said to the reporter with a chuckle, before thanking everyone again for coming.

As the staff ushered the four actors from the stage to the lounge, Seo Inguk teased Sungjae who didn't let go of Joy's hand.  "I like your style. I think I should ask some pointers from you," he told Sungjae, the two of them laughing hard.

"I have to get me a Sungjae. You are one lucky girl," Suzy quipped, playfully nudging Joy who turned pink with embarrassment.

The happy banter continued as the four went down to the basement parking where their cars are, a sure sign that their filming will be an enjoyable one.  Inguk and Suzy waved goodbye to the young couple before getting into their respective vehicles and driving away.

*************************

From the presscon venue, Joy and Sungjae went to their favorite coffee shop.  Seated near the window, they sipped their coffee, as flashes from the reporters' camera continued to light up outside, trying to take their photo

"Shall we give them something to talk about, naekkeo?" Sungjae asked Joy.

"And just what kind of prank are you going to pull now, naekkeo?" Joy asked him, seeing the mischievous glint in his eyes.

Sungjae slowly leaned across the table, bringing his face closer to Joy's.  Just as he was about to kiss her, Sungjae suddenly covered their faces with a menu, depriving the reporters of a good picture.  Behind it, Joy and Sungjae were laughing.

"You are such a prankster," Joy said, giving Sungjae a quick peck on the lips.

=========================

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This is just a dream project for me, but I would really love to see these four in a rom-com.