2018

2018 (Second Half)

In the beginning of the second half of the year, BBYU shippers went into frenzy when Fitz Beer announced Joy and Sungjae as their newest endorsers.  They were chosen not only because of their clean and fun personality, but also due to their increasing popularity and the steadily growing follower of the BBYU couple.  BTOB also announced their upcoming 3-day concert titled, This Is Us.

To avoid any suspicion from the fans and media, members of Red Velvet and Apink agreed to watch the concert together along with other idols from other girl groups.  They decided to go on the last day of the concert, thinking that there will be less audience compared to the first two days.  Plus, there will be an after concert party later that they will attend.  But they couldn't be more wrong.  Arriving at the concert venue, they were overwhelmed to see the big crowd who came to watch BTOB.

"WOAH!" Amber Liu of f(x) exclaimed.

"That's an understatement," Ashley Choi of Ladies' Code remarked.

Fortunately, the BTOB members gave a heads-up to their managers, so the Red Velvet and Apink girls, along with Amber and Ashley were met by a staff at the entrance and was led to a VIP area where Eric Nam, Jackson Wang of GOT7 and BM of Kard were already waiting.  A roller-coaster of emotions can be felt throughout the concert.  At one point, everyone was having fun until Eunkwang formally informed their fans of his upcoming military enlistment.  Every Melody knew that Minhyuk will soon follow, being that he is the same age as the leader, and Changsub as well, who is only a year younger.  The fans cried with the members when they announced that it will be a while until they all get together again.  Joy could feel her heart breaking for Sungjae, as she watched him cry on stage.  She knew that, of all the members, he is the saddest and most affected by this temporary separation.  He practically spent half of his life with his hyungdeul and they all dotted on him.  Irene also felt sad for Ilhoon.  She knows that he is not one to show emotions and seeing him openly crying is a novelty for her.  Still, the concert ended on a high note, with BTOB promising their fans a bigger and better concert on their 10th year anniversary.

At the after-concert party, apart from those who attended the last day, other idols dropped by to congratulate BTOB.  Most of the guests who came, if not all, know there's something special between BTOB and Red Velvet.  But just to be on the safe side, no male and female idols are left alone for a long time.  They all made sure to mingle with each other so no couple will be singled out.  Except for Changsub and Chorong, the other couples wasn't able to talk to each other privately.

As soon as the boys arrived back at their dorm, they called their respective girlfriends.  Ilhoon went out to the terrace as Peniel headed to the room that they shared.  Minhyuk chose the kitchen.  Sungjae saw Hyunsik went inside their bedroom, so he opted to stay in the living room.

"Hey, naekkeo. Are you in the dorm?" Joy said as she received his video call.

"Yeah. We just got in. Did I wake you up?" Sungjae asked her, noticing her puffy eyes.

"No. I was waiting for your call," Joy replied, pausing as she looked around her.  "We all were," she added, indicating that her members were also still up waiting for the call of his other members.

"Thanks for coming, naekkeo," Sungjae told her.

"Thanks for inviting me. I had fun tonight. Except when I saw you crying. I wanted to climb up the stage and just hug you until you stop crying," Joy said.

Sungjae chuckled.  "Gosh! That's so embarrassing," he said.

"Why?" Joy asked.

"Because you were there. When I saw you at the party, I wanted to run to you and hold you tight. Then I remembered you saw me cry. I felt so ashamed," Sungjae replied.