2017 - 2018

2017 (Last Half)

As agreed, the BTOBxRV couples, with the exception of Peniel and Yeri, never went on dates to avoid being discovered by the media.  But they made sure to talk at least twice a day and regularly send messages to each other.  They also grab the chance to be with each other during award ceremonies, music shows or concerts.  Meanwhile, the fans and netizens, who always watch out for BBYU interactions during these events, are having the time of their lives as the dynamics between the two idols changed.  Due to the myriad of fan cam videos uploaded on the internet showing the BBYU couple not only stealing glances but also talking to each other, the rumor of them secretly dating resurfaced.

"At least, there's some truth to it now," Joy said to Sungjae during one of their regular phone calls.  "Are you worried?" she asked him.

"A little. Because if the truth comes out, you girls, will be the ones mostly affected," Sungjae said.

"If it does come out, what are you boys going to do?" Joy asked him.

"We'll follow your lead. If you want to deny it, we'll do, too. If you want to admit it, then we're going to shout it out to the world," Sungjae replied.  "I mean, what guy in his right mind wouldn't be proud to claim that his girlfriend is a Red Velvet member?" he chuckled.  "But seriously, we're all ready to fight for you, girls. So please don't worry, naekkeo," he assured her.

"I'm not worried, naekkeo. We all know that," Joy said, feeling thankful that God gave her a great guy.  Not only her, but her members as well.

Joy and Sungjae continued to talk until they fell asleep, knowing that their BTOB brothers and Red Velvet sisters are doing the same with their respective partners.

*************************

In the last quarter of 2017, BTOB released their second studio album, Brother Act.  Their lead single, Missing You, composed by Hyunsik, swept the awards on all music shows.  Red Velvet also released their second studio album, Perfect Velvet.  And just like BTOB's latest song being a huge success, Red Velvet's lead single, Peek-A-Boo, also made the charts.  Everything was going well for them, both in their professional and personal lives.  The only thing that dampened their happiness was the injury of both Changsub and Sungjae which happened only days apart.  This worried Joy and Chorong who, although there was no formal statement from CUBE as yet, is now officially Changsub's girlfriend.  Thankfully, both boys recovered quickly.  By the end of the year, SBS presented Sungjae as one of the regular casts of Master In The House, along with Lee Seunggi, Yang Sehyung and Lee Sangyoon.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

2018 (First Half)

During the filming of the first episode of Master In The House, Sungjae and Sangyoon cried when the featured master Jeon Inkwon performed one of his songs, Please.  Immediately after the shooting, Sungjae's manager texted Eunkwang on their way back to the dorm to give him a heads up of what happened on the set.  As soon as he disconnected the call, Eunkwang called Joy to tell her about the incident before informing his BTOB brothers.  He promised to text her once Sungjae arrives home.  When Sungjae entered the dorm, his hyungdeul noticed his eyes that were still red from crying.  Ilhoon gave Sungjae's shoulder a light squeeze as he passed him on his way to his room.  Pausing for a moment, Sungjae smiled at his hyungdeul, assuring them that he's going to be okay.  He nodded at Changsub who gave him the thumbs up.  No words spoken, but Sungjae felt his hyungdeul's love for him.  As promised, Eunkwang texted Joy as soon as Sungjae entered his bedroom.  Sungjae's phone rang just as he collapsed on his bed.

***NAEKKEO IS REQUESTING FOR A VIDEO CALL***

"Hey! Let me guess, Eunkwang hyung told you," Sungjae said when he answered.  His mood instantly lifted when he saw Joy's face.