2014

AUGUST 01

It was BTOB's first day-off after weeks of hectic schedule, and all the members decided to just hang-out and take a rest in their dorm.  They were watching Music Bank and a new four-member girl group was being introduced.

"Oh, wow! They all look great," Changsub remarked.

"True! That one with the blue hair is gorgeous," Minhyuk said.

"I think the pink-haired one is the prettiest of the four," Ilhoon commented.

"Yeah! But look at the one with the orange hair. It's like you can't help but be captivated when she looks at you with those eyes," Hyunsik observed.

"Aish! Here we go again. You're always like that when a new girl group makes a debut," Peniel said.

"Just let them be, Peniel. That's the most they can do anyway. I'd be surprised if any of them actually approaches those girls," Eunkwang chuckled.

"What about you, Sungjae? Who do you think is the best looking among those girls?" Changsub asked him.

"They all look nice, but I agree with Ilhoon hyung," Sungjae replied casually, leaving his hyungdeul dumb-founded.

They were expecting Sungjae to reply with his usual they're okay when Changsub teasingly asked him the question.  Since their trainee days, they have known Sungjae to be aloof when it comes to girls.  Even though he is friendly with everyone, Sungjae tend to put up a wall around him when a girl starts showing interest.  Born to an affluent family and blessed with good looks, girls had been throwing themselves at Sungjae even during his elementary days.  A little on the conservative side, this turned Sungjae off, making him act cold towards girls, especially the flirty ones.  Sungjae focused back on the show.  For some reason he couldn't understand, his attention and his eyes kept drifting back to her.  She's really pretty, he thought to himself, careful not to let his hyungdeul know how much that girl piqued his interest.  Or else, he will never hear the end of it.

*************************

RED VELVET just made their official stage debut in Music Bank and they were now on their way back to their dorm.

"Thank God, it's over," Irene, the one with pink hair highlights, said.  She is the oldest and the leader of the group.

"Gosh! I was so nervous. I kept thinking I'll make a mistake," the second oldest, Seulgi, with the orange hair highlights and cat-like eyes, confessed.

"I'm just glad everything went without a hitch," Wendy, blue hair and third oldest, commented.

The maknae of the group, green-haired Joy, couldn't stop smiling from too much excitement.  "UNNIE! We finally did it. We debuted!" she said, clapping before settling back on the car seat.

"Yes, we did. So we need to work harder to succeed," Irene replied.

"Our hard work is finally paying off," Wendy added.

"And we'd better make sure that it's worth all that sweat and tears," Seulgi declared.

Joy kept silent but the smile on her lips remained as she looked out the car window.  Now that I'm an idol, too, maybe I'll get to meet him soon, she said to herself, thinking of her bias in her favorite boy group.  All their members are great singers, but there's something in his voice that captured and drew her in.  It's as if he's pulling out her soul, and pouring all his emotions into her.  Hearing him sing for the first time when his group debuted, inspired her to sing.  And he was the main reason why she endured all those years of training.  She wanted to get close to him.  And the only way she can do that is if she becomes an idol herself.