2019 - 2020

2019

In the early part of the year, the two remaining members of the hyung line of BTOB, Minhyuk and Changsub, left to enlist in the army.  While BTOB went into a hiatus, Red Velvet released their second Japanese EP album, Sappy, followed by a compilation album, The Reve Festival.  In December, Wendy had an accident during their rehearsal for the SBS Gayo Daejun, forcing Red Velvet to go into a year-long break the following year.  This greatly worried Minhyuk, but his brothers and the remaining Red Velvet members assured him that Wendy is recovering well.  Thankfully, Minhyuk had a vacation before the year ended so he was able visit Wendy and see for himself that she is doing well.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

2020

Sungjae released his first solo album, Yook O'Clock, by the end of the first quarter.  After Eunkwang's discharge from military service in April, the maknae line informed CUBE of their plan to enlist early, aiming to be discharged in time for their 10th year anniversary.  Hyunsik, Ilhoon and Sungjae has already discussed this possibility with Seulgi, Irene and Joy.  The three girls understood and has agreed to support whatever their final decision is.

*************************

Eunkwang, Hyunsik, Peniel, Ilhoon and Sungjae, along with Minhyuk and Changsub who are both on military leave, are currently at the 8th Floor of CUBE to discuss the maknae line's enlistment with the executives.  BTOB's managers are also there in order to be updated.  The boys has already been there for a while and they were wondering why the meeting hasn't started yet.  They looked around to check if anyone is missing and saw that everyone concerned is present in the room.

Eunkwang cleared his throat.  "Aren't we going to start the meeting?" he asked as the group's leader.

"Not yet. We're still waiting for some people," Mr. Hong Seungsung said.

The boys are actually surprised to see the chairman in the meeting.  Most of the time, it's only CEO Shin Junghwa who goes to these meetings.  As if on cue, the receptionist softly knocked on the door.

"Mr. Hong. Your guests are here," she announced, ushering the new arrivals.

"Ah, Mr. Lee Sooman. Welcome to CUBE," Chairman Hong said, extending his hand for a shake.

The boys froze upon hearing the name of the man.  They were even more surprised when Red Velvet and their managers entered the room.  The BTOB boys threw a questioning look to the Red Velvet girls who shrugged their shoulders.  They were just as surprised as they are.

Seeing how the members of the two groups exchanged worried looks, CEO Shin spoke.  "Relax, kids. We just need to clarify a few things," he told them.

The girls sat opposite the boys, while Chairman Lee sat on the other end of the table, facing Chairman Hong.  "Shall we start?" he said.

"Of course," CEO Shin replied before turning to face everyone.  "Now, I know everyone's wondering why you're all here but I'm sure you have an idea," he said to BTOB and Red Velvet.  "As I said earlier, we just need to clarify a few things, but mainly, your relationship with each other," CEO Shin added.  When none of the members of the two groups spoke, he continued.  "Ever since the public showed an interest towards Sungjae and Joy, or the BBYU couple as the fans call them, we have been observing you. Especially when dating rumors started coming out in the news. We just didn't ask you about it because we haven't seen one single solid proof that you are, indeed, dating. Not even a picture where the two of you are talking to each other. None, that is, until a few years back. We noticed that something has changed between the two of you," he said, looking at Joy and Sungjae.  "In addition to that, with the exception of Eunkwang and Changsub, the fans has also started showing an interest on the pairing of the other members after your appearance in Law of the Jungle and Idol Radio," he continued, turning to the other members of BTOB and Red Velvet.  "We know that there is something going on between you, kids. But as I said, we don't have any solid proof. Aside from Peniel and Yeri whom people are already used to seeing out together, the other pairs, or should I say couple, has not been seen in public. So, it's either our gut-feel is wrong, or you're just all very good in hiding. So which is it?" he finished, looking at each of the members who all remained silent.