THURSDAY

For the first time since he arrived in the island, Sungjae had the best sleep last night.  Not only did he sleep in a very comfortable bed, he also slept next to the prettiest girl idol in the K-Pop world.

Who, aside from me, can make a claim like that? Sungjae thought smugly.  He just hope he didn't snore like an army tank last night. That would be too embarrassing, he thought.  Sitting up, he saw that Joy's side of the bed was already made.  After brushing his teeth and taking a quick shower to wake his system up, Sungjae went out of the room.  "Good morning!" he greeted Joy as he walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning, oppa," Joy replied, handing him a cup of coffee.

"Oh! Thanks," Sungjae said, taking a sip.  "Mmm! You remembered how I take my coffee," he said, smiling gratefully.

"We have a lot of left over rice, so I made kimchi fried rice. I hope you like it," Joy said as she placed the bowl of rice and plate of eggs on the table.

"I love kimchi fried rice. My eomma always makes it for me whenever I go home to our house," Sungjae professed, scooping some onto his plate, topping it with a sunny side-up egg.  "Do you want to go out again today?" Sungjae asked Joy.

"Can I take a rain check on that? I still feel tired from yesterday," Joy said apologetically.

"Whew! Thank God!" Sungjae chuckled, sighing in relief.  "I actually want to stay in today. I'm still a little drained from yesterday, too," he explained when he saw Joy's questioning look.

"Then let's just be really lazy today," Joy grinned.

As agreed, they spent the day just lazing around.  Sungjae watched movies on his laptop, while Joy read one of the books she brought with her, both eating a sandwich for lunch and taking naps in between.

It was almost twilight when they stopped what they were doing, and started preparing dinner.  They decided to grill the remaining crayfish and some of the halibut they caught the day before.  Sungjae suggested eating out on the deck and lighting a small bonfire on the fire pit.  He placed the grilled seafood on the small table between the lounge chairs, as Joy brought out a carton of orange juice and a few side dishes.  Sungjae went inside to get a few cans of beer for himself after getting Joy's permission.  Taking a chair each, they settled down to eat.

"You don't like beer?" Sungjae asked Joy as he watched her take a sip of the orange juice.

"I've never drank alcohol before," Joy disclosed.

"Not even once?" Sungjae asked in disbelief.

"Nope. I'd like to try but I'm kind of scared to. I mean, some people do stupid things when drunk. What if the person I'm drinking with is like that?" Joy explained.

"That's true. You should only drink with someone responsible," Sungjae agreed.  "So, if you really want to drink, call me. I love to drink but I hate getting drunk, so I set a limit for myself. One becomes vulnerable when drunk, so I'm always careful," he added.

"Really? Then can I have a sip of that?" Joy said, half-joking.

"Shouldn't we get your appa's permission first?" Sungjae asked her.

"Beer is appa's best friend. I'm sure he won't mind," Joy said.

"Still. It's different if it's you. When we go back to Seoul, let's ask him. If he says OK, then I'll buy you a beer," Sungjae offered.

"Spoilsport!" Joy teased him, sticking her tongue out at him, making him laugh.

"Wow! I can't believe we're already half-way through our break," Sungjae said, leaning back on the lounger.