SUNDAY

Despite sleeping late the previous night, Joy and Sungjae woke up early.  Sitting on the divan in the deck, they watched the sunrise, wrapped in each other's arms.  Today is their last day on the island and they were savoring the few quiet hours left that they can spend together.  In a few hours, the boats will come to pick them up.  Returning to the city meant returning to their busy and chaotic life.  The reality for all idols like them.

"Soon, it's back to reality," Joy lamented.  "Are we going to be okay, oppa?" she asked, turning her head to look up at Sungjae.

"Of course. Sooyoung, do you really think that I will let you go that easy? After three years, I got to call you mine. And I'm going to make sure that it will stay that way," Sungjae replied confidently, giving her a peck on the cheek.  "But you never said why you wanted to go incognito. What made you reach your breaking point? Was it your drama?" he asked.

"That, among other things," Joy replied.  Pulling Sungjae's arms tighter around her, Joy continued.  "I wasn't really keen on doing the drama from the start but I don't have a choice since SME has already signed the contract. Although there were positive reviews, I also got more of the negative feedback about my acting. When the drama ended, I thought that was it. But I still continued getting hate comments," she divulged.

"I guess it's always like that when an idol ventures into acting," Sungjae commented.

"But not you. You hardly ever get negative comments," Joy remarked.

"I got those, too, when I first tried acting. And to think it was just a supporting role," Sungjae said.

"Don't lie, oppa. Everybody loves you. Even from the start," Joy chided, lightly elbowing him.

Sungjae chuckled.  "In any case, what I'm trying to say is don't focus on the negative. There will always be those who find enjoyment in spewing mean words. Take it as constructive criticisms. Most hate comments stems from envy and jealousy so we shouldn't put weight to it. Just remember, there are a lot of people out there who love and support you. And that includes me," Sungjae said.  "So what were the other things?" he prodded.

"You," Joy quickly replied.

"ME?!" Sungjae quipped.  Joy nodded.  "And just how, may I ask?" Sungjae said indignantly.

"You were joking around with Irene unnie at the backstage after the Dream Concert. But as soon as I joined the group, you quickly left without saying a word. That was the last straw. I always feel hurt whenever you avoid me, but for some reason it hurt more that day. Maybe everything just piled up. I couldn't stop myself from crying," Joy opened up.

"I'm sorry, I hurt you. I'm sorry, I made you cry," Sungjae said, hugging her tightly, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Don't be. You didn't know," Joy said.

"Still. I should have been more sensitive," Sungjae replied.  "I won't hurt you ever again. I won't make you cry, unless it's happy tears," he promised.

"I know," Joy said, turning her head to kiss his cheek.  "You know, I really thought you like Irene unnie. I mean, whenever our groups meet, you would always come up to her first. And you're very comfortable with her," she confessed.

"She reminds me a lot of my noona. They are both outspoken and tough. I miss her a lot since she's studying in the US. So whenever I talk to Irene noona, it's like I'm talking to my real noona, and it makes me miss her less," Sungjae explained.

"I'd really love to meet her," Joy said.

"One day, you will meet her. Also my *bumonim. I'm sure they'd love to meet you. Especially, eomma," Sungjae told her, making Joy smile.  "Only a couple of hours more," he informed her, looking at his watch.