ONE MORE CHANCE: Chapter 4

"I am disappointed in you Roberts," Mrs. George glowered

"Ugh," Robert grumbled as he rolled his eyes and walked passed his mother.

"I'm talking to you young man," sneered Mrs. George

He stopped and faced her

"Mom!, What the big deal? I finally found the girl I want and you don't like her. Why? You have been bugging me to get married and here she is. Now you don't want her.. He spat out.

"You can't be going out with such kind of people. You are supposed to be with people of your status. I don't expect you to marry anyone from the slums.
A penniless nobody doesn't expect to marry 'George's' son. She is obviously after the money and fame"
pouted Mrs. George angrily.

"Lies mum!!!. Lies," he said
"With all due respect, I don't agree to anything you are saying and I have every intention of getting married to Allison," he added and he walked away leaving his mother shocked by his current attitude.

*************
Allison later took Robert to her aunt, Silvia and showed him to her. She was impressed on her choice. Silvia was a very greedy lady, always wanting more when she has enough. She was bourgeois but looked rich on social media.

--------------------------------
The Christmas celebration was superb. Allison invited all the friends and their kids, there was jollying everywhere. She invited Robert but he couldn't attend because he had a business appointment.

"Sorry I couldn't make it on the  25th and 26th," said Robert softly.

"Nah!, It was no big deal," replied Allison.

"If  you say so," said Robert.

He organised a date the next day to make it up to her

                     *The next day*

February 20th

It was a beautiful Thursday morning, the sun rising from the east, the birds chirping, the breeze blowing on the trees.
Allison woke up excited the next day to prepare for her date with Robert. She quickly had her bath.

She pulled her hair in a double puffed  ponytail and laid her edges.

"Ugh, where are those blue scrunchies when I need them," she murmured

She put on pearl earrings and picked up a blue floral dress matched with black platform heels which she had decided on the night before. She put on a little make-up and checked her face in the mirror one more time. She then put a call through to Robert that she was ready.

She picked up her phone by the edge of her bed and scrolled through her contact list.

"Robert, Robert, Robert," she said as she scrolled through her phone looking for his contact.
"But we spoke yesterday, how come I can't find his co.....

*Ding dong* went the doorbell, she quickly grabbed her purse and phone and went downstairs. She got downstairs and went to open the door....

Hi peeps, don't forget to click the express your thoughts in the comment section. And please, do take your time to appreciate by tapping the star⭐ button.
With love- Tofunmi💃